Corsair Community

RF Noise from 520hxuk

lyonesse

I am experiencing significant rf noise in the hf spectrum between approx 15Mhz and 28Mhz on my ham antenna at a distance of 100 feet or 30 metres from the 520hxuk psu installed in a pc.

The noise starts immediately the pc is switched on. It is still present with all motherboard periferals - hdd's dvd drives etc. removed.

No such problems with previous - other maker - psu.

The noise is continuous and unvarying.

Any body with any ideas please.

• Corsair Employees
Other than updating the BIOS, and then loading the defaults, I would not suspect there would be anything else that could be done. The HAM radio must be getting interference from some circuitry from within the PSU. We could try replacing the unit at any time, but I would think that there is a strong possibility that you would have the same issues.

Thanks for your response.

I've read that some manufacturers omit the supression components at the mains input. So I removed the PSU cover and confirmed that they are installed in the hx520.

For me this is a great PSU quiet, cool and does all I want apart from this radiated rf noise. A great shame but think it will end up in the scrap bin.

Hi, i am a ham and also had the same problem with the hx620 psu, tried fitting extra filters ect but nothing seemed to sort it but i have a copper earth rod (antenna earth) and by earthing the psu to this sorted it, hope it helps.

Bye,

Ian...

• 7 months later...

Archived