Corsair Community

q6600 @ 3.4ghz or 3.5ghz on asus p5n-t deluxe

kayawish24

my question is that curently i have an SLI system with q6600 @ 3ghz cpu installed in it.curently idle temps for my 2 x 8800 GTX are 57C & 60C and it can go to 80C & 82C in heavy gaming like crysis..both fans on 8800GTX cards are on 100% speed and my case have five 120mm fans.my cpu q6600@3ghz idle temp is 35C and it can go to 45C under heavy load!!! my question is that what will be my idle temps of my gpus if i put third 8800GTX to my system to make it tri SLI????

i mean what will be the idle temps of all three cards and load temps !!! my system is not watercooled all is on AIR!!! i am living in germany and you know its too cold out here and my room temps are little hot but when i open my rooms window so the 8800 gtx temps drops 50C % 54C respectively of both graphic cards in idle state because when i open my window cool air comes inside and cpu temps goes down from 35C to 28C in idle :)so my question..........!

if i add 3rd 8800gtx to my system to make TRI SLI what idle and load temps i shall expect from my all three gpu and qq660@ 3GHZ all on air..???

does anyone has experience that how shall i overclock my q6600 to 3.4ghz or 3.5ghz stable on asus p5n-t board??????does any one has experience on q6600 and asus p5n-t boards?please tell me exactly that what FSB and voltages i shall use in my ASUS p5n-t deluxe mobo so i shall overclock my q6600 G0 to 3.4 or 3.5 Ghz on air cooling!!!

I have installed Tri-Sli and found it quite problematic. It raised the gaming benchmarks but really did not show much of a difference in game performance and I tested with games such as Crysis, etc. The middle card ran as hot as hades as well. I'm talking another 12C higher. The only way to cool it was to place a fan right on the cards (on top) and leave the case open.

With regards to overclocking your Q6600 to 3.4GHz. You would need a good cooler for that an only the best Q6600's make 3.4-3.6Ghz. Do you have the CPU box? What revision is it. Look on the box for the FPO/Batch number.

Please be specific in your question. What is it that you want to know?

Also, I am guessing that German is your native language based upon where you are posting from? If so, you may find it easier to post in the German area of the forum.

I have installed Tri-Sli and found it quite problematic. It raised the gaming benchmarks but really did not show much of a difference in game performance and I tested with games such as Crysis, etc. The middle card ran as hot as hades as well. I'm talking another 12C higher. The only way to cool it was to place a fan right on the cards (on top) and leave the case open.

With regards to overclocking your Q6600 to 3.4GHz. You would need a good cooler for that an only the best Q6600's make 3.4-3.6Ghz. Do you have the CPU box? What revision is it. Look on the box for the FPO/Batch number.

what about q6600 @ 3ghz for 8800gtx tri sli?????????? can q6600 @3ghz handle 3 x 8800gtx

what about q6600 @ 3ghz for 8800gtx tri sli?????????? can q6600 @3ghz handle 3 x 8800gtx

Its probably about an 8% increase which can give you a better edge, especially since 3 of almost any GPU can be bottlenecked unless you are using an overclocked i7. I think you will not get much benefit with a 3.0Ghz Q6600 and more than 2 8800GTX in SLi.

The CPU overclock has nothing to do with Tri-SLI.

If the CPU can not keep up with the CPU necessary duties in the data stream to the GPU's, then overclocking will certainly help.

i overclocked my q6600 to 3.4ghz but i did not do any thing in vcore all are in auto in my bios then i ran OCCT for 2 hours on large data set and high piority !!! my cpu temps were maximum 55C even all 4 cores were less then 60C.my idle temps are (wait let me see....)ok!cpu temp is 35C and cores 43 43 38 39C..these all are on overclockes settings to 3.4ghz with vcore set to auto.......but my asus probe says that my vcore is at(wait let me see again)...ok! 1.30V..my mobo tem is 39C....i think i shall run prim95 all night long and still no errors i will keep vcore ,NB , SB volts all on auto just like it is now and cpu overclocked to 3.4Ghz

Your temps are fine at those values. If you can get 3.4 stable with Auto Vcore in the BIOS, I am surprised.

i overclocked my q6600 to 3.4ghz but i did not do any thing in vcore all are in auto in my bios then i ran OCCT for 2 hours on large data set and high piority !!! my cpu temps were maximum 55C even all 4 cores were less then 60C.my idle temps are (wait let me see....)ok!cpu temp is 35C and cores 43 43 38 39C..these all are on overclockes settings to 3.4ghz with vcore set to auto.......but my asus probe says that my vcore is at(wait let me see again)...ok! 1.30V..my mobo tem is 39C....i think i shall run prim95 all night long and still no errors i will keep vcore ,NB , SB volts all on auto just like it is now and cpu overclocked to 3.4Ghz

Archived