Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 and TR3X3G1600C8D

killersjp

Hi. I have been having boot problems with this system and my power supply is a coolermaster m1000 psu which has plenty of amps on the 12v rails, I have put the latest F6a bios on. I have the memory set to the xmp profile. When I turn on the computer it all powers up then turns off straight away, then after a couple of seconds powers itself on again and boot perfectly, I know there have been some posts about this already, however when I turn my computer off and then turn it back on it boots first time everytime, until I turn off the power at the wall, then it goes back to the double boot for the first boot, Can anyone please give any suggestions as I do not want to leave it plugged in on standby all the time. Oh one other thing if I have it set to optimised values it boots okay all the time but then the memory runs a 1066 rather than 1600. Thanks.

This is an issue at the moment with many X58 mainboards/BIOS's. It's called the cold boot issue. I have it as well. I await a more mature BIOS but it well may be an issue that will only be fixed with future mainboards.

Why you would want to unplug it from the power source is not very clear to me as standby is a good method. At any rate, this is not a memory problem, it is a problem of mainboard/BIOS. Go to any motherboard site and check the forums for the X58 cold boot issue.

Hi. I have been having boot problems with this system and my power supply is a coolermaster m1000 psu which has plenty of amps on the 12v rails, I have put the latest F6a bios on. I have the memory set to the xmp profile. When I turn on the computer it all powers up then turns off straight away, then after a couple of seconds powers itself on again and boot perfectly, I know there have been some posts about this already, however when I turn my computer off and then turn it back on it boots first time everytime, until I turn off the power at the wall, then it goes back to the double boot for the first boot, Can anyone please give any suggestions as I do not want to leave it plugged in on standby all the time. Oh one other thing if I have it set to optimised values it boots okay all the time but then the memory runs a 1066 rather than 1600. Thanks.

Archived