Corsair Community

asus p5q3 deluxe + TW3X4G1600C9DHX (problem)

tufito

Hello, I have an asus p5q3 deluxe motherboard and these memories TW3X4G1600C9DHX. The problem is that the BIOS memory remap indicates 4gb to 2560 and xp only detects 2.5gb. I also tested it on Vista 32-bit and detects only 2.5 gb too.

The bios is updated to the latest version.

Is the problem solved by setting the bios?

Sorry for my bad English

thanks

You need to be running with a 64bit Operating system to see the entire 4GB. You will do better with memory remap disabled and a 32bit Operating System.

http://www.houseofhelp.com/v3/showthread.php?t=63681

Let me clarify.

Your computer has many methods in which to use memory. There are memory storage and caches all over the motherboard. These devices contain some of the below method of storage:

* RAM

* ROM

* Cache

* Dynamic RAM

* Static RAM

* Flash memory

* Virtual memory

* Video memory

* BIOS

For example, your sound, video, keyboard, chipset caches, I/O controller (IDE, SATA, etc) caches . . . Now these device with discrete and cache RAM need to have their "Addresses" so that the computer knows where they are in order to query and access them.

You computer also has System Resource Memory. Consider this as an index of addresses that tell the computer where everything is for access as mentioned above. The computer needs to know that a certain boundary of addresses will contain certain functions to perform when commanded.

Hello, I have an asus p5q3 deluxe motherboard and these memories TW3X4G1600C9DHX. The problem is that the BIOS memory remap indicates 4gb to 2560 and xp only detects 2.5gb. I also tested it on Vista 32-bit and detects only 2.5 gb too.

The bios is updated to the latest version.

Is the problem solved by setting the bios?

Sorry for my bad English

thanks

thanks DerekT for your answer, today I am going to install Vista 64 bit and i will comment how it was.

I also have two 1gb of DDR2 memory, do you know if it may be used in combination with ddr3 for vista 64-bit os?

Thanks so much

• Corsair Employee
ok ramguy, i´ve installed vista 64 and the memories goes great. thank you so much for your answer. the next step is overclocking the pc but that´s another episode.

thanks

Good luck and have fun. The G0 stepping 6600s typically clock very well.

Archived