Corsair Community

MSInfo not seeing total memory?

aaroncasey

My MSInfo has my total system memory at 1024MB when my PC has 2048MB (2 Gigs). The system properties and the POST display the memory at 2 gigs. What would cause this and how can I fix it. I have mem tested the entire 2 gigs and it is all ok. The reason that this bothers me is that I have been Alpha / Beta (now) testing WoW (World of Warcraft) and since I built this new system when i turn my RAM up to DDR 400 the game crashes. If I turn the RAM down to DDR 200 it runs fine forever. Blizzard had me send them my DXDIAG and MSInfo files so they could look at this problem I am having. They said that I should try and figure out why my MSInfo only displays 1/2 of my total memory. System Specs. Proc. FX51 Mobo. Asus SK8V Ram. Corsair 3200LL (4x512) 2 gigs total Vid. card. ATI 9800XT hard drives 2 SATA Raptors 72Gig Here is the exact wording from MSInfo: Total Physical Memory 1024MB Available Physical Memory 1.36GB Total Virtual Memory 5.85GB Page File Space 3.85GB Please let me know what I can do to fix this problem. Thanks, Aaron

• Corsair Employee
What does it show in [url]www.memtest86.com?[/url] In addition, you will need to have ECC enabled to run at Cass 2-3-2-6, other wise Cass 2-3-3-6 would be suggested! And you may find you need to relaxe the timings to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 with 4 modules!

• 6 months later...
I just wanted to know if anything had come of this issue, because I am having the same problem. The System Summary in the System Information tool of WinXP (SP2) shows my Total Physical Memory as 512MB, when I have two sticks of TWIN1024-3200XL (1GB) installed. And to back that up, CPU-Z recognizes that there are two sticks. And the 'General' tab (right-click on My Computer -> Properties) shows that I have 1.0 GB of Ram. This discovery came about, because I am having a lot of application errors. Ran Ad-Aware, Spybot, and AVG, so I feel I have ruled out something nasty on my computer. I am going to go run reseat my memory, run memtest86, use CPU-Z to check latency, and look in my BIOS. Regards

I don't really have a problem anymore. In fact, I am loving my memory. I recently had some issues that required me to change latency, voltage, speed settings, but I found the recommended settings on these forums, and everything seems to be running perfectly. Mine issue just appears to be a glitch, but I wanted to confirm. I am running on a Shuttle SB61G2V3 Barebones, and the System Summary under System Information (Windows XP, SP1) reports a "Total Physical Memory" of 512MB. Corsair compatability page actually recommends the TWINX1024-3200XL for my system. I updated BIOS. I set BIOS settings to match those suggested on this forum Memtest gives no errors Windos Memory Tester gives no errors Task Manager says I have Total Physical Memory of 1048044 KB General Tab under System Properties says 1.00 GB of RAM My system functions like it has a gig of ram, and the system seems to agree except in this one place. If anything, I just wanted this to be on the forum in case somebody else is having this problem. Maybe there is more to it, or maybe it is just another windows glitch. Thanks.

Archived