Corsair Community

TW3X4G1600C9DHX Hard Lock

After week of using this RAM, all of sudden my X-FI card started to Pop and all of a sudden I'm getting major hard locking in my system almost 3 seconds after I get into World of Warcraft.

I was suggested by the motherboard forums that maybe the Ram was bad. I ran Memtest and there is no errors.. Does that mean the Ram is fine? Please let me know thanks.

Yes and normally hard locks are not the memory can you tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

XFX Nforce 790i Ultra

Ram set 9-9-9-24 2T 1.9v Lynced and synced

Had the cpu Q9450 1333 @ 1600 at 1.33 vcore 3.2ghz. No problems whatsoever till my X-FI card started to do that popping crackling crap. So I turned on Onboard sound and suddenly all hell broke loose on the motherboard. XFX points at the RAM or Power supply. SO I start here. But as you say if there's no problems with each stick seperately on the memtest.. its a good peice of ram. SOO What next.

ALSO I tried same settings with stock settings just 1333 on vcore 1.33 as well just to make sure some voltage was on and tried it on AUTO.

I've also tried Memory on 1.8v.

Everything worked fine for a week then blam no more. What the hell! lol.

Memory is not intermittent like that and especially if you are not getting errors with http://www.memtest.org I would suspect some other problem. Can you test the modules on another known working system to be sure?

Well, everyone on the forums for XFX 790i motherboard I have is pointing toward the ram. They say typically freezes are from the ram.. I would love to be safe and RMA the ram. I've already RMA'd my motherbroad graphics card, and bought your RAM. Now I'm just ticked off and would love someone to throw me a bone and help me out.

I am trying the last solution I could think of which is the Power Supply (just ordered a 1000w power supply)... could you help me out an issue an RMA and I can cancel it at the end of next week if it miracuously cures my problem?

• Corsair Employees
After week of using this RAM, all of sudden my X-FI card started to Pop and all of a sudden I'm getting major hard locking in my system almost 3 seconds after I get into World of Warcraft.

I was suggested by the motherboard forums that maybe the Ram was bad. I ran Memtest and there is no errors.. Does that mean the Ram is fine? Please let me know thanks.

I'm looking at your first post again. Is this problem only with World of Warcraft?

We can replace the modules but, based on what you have posted I don't think this will resolve your issue.

Also, can you list the complete part number and also a link to your PSU?

World of Warcraft hard locks it quicker than the other games I play. Funny thing is its older.... when I play other more INTENSIVE type of games I don't experience it as quick.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371009

Antec 850w Power Supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145200

Corsair Ram

I've also tried another brand of ram and had the same problem on the mobo before I rma'd it. XFX also said maybe it's the power supply because it worked for awhile then suddenly had problems.

I can get into windows I can browse and do my normal activities but right when I use anything else gaming wise, bam gone.

I'm really tired of spending money... I now just bought another MOBO X48 to see if that gets rid of alllll my problems. But we'll see..... I just have no clue whats the cause. Of course I'm not trying to just RMA to RMA, but I don't know what else to try.

• Corsair Employees
I'm really tired of spending money... I now just bought another MOBO X48 to see if that gets rid of alllll my problems. But we'll see..... I just have no clue whats the cause. Of course I'm not trying to just RMA to RMA, but I don't know what else to try.
I certainly understand there which is why I was trying to help isolate the issue before you pay more in shipping, wait on the delivery, etc etc.

At this point since you have tried multiple GPUs, MOBOs, and RAM, I'd lean towards the PSU. It could be a faulty unit or, it could be an issue with using a multiple rail PSU.

Do you have a friend or local shop that could assist you?

I certainly understand there which is why I was trying to help isolate the issue before you pay more in shipping, wait on the delivery, etc etc.

At this point since you have tried multiple GPUs, MOBOs, and RAM, I'd lean towards the PSU. It could be a faulty unit or, it could be an issue with using a multiple rail PSU.

Do you have a friend or local shop that could assist you?

Nope just got myself. What do you suggest? I mean honestly my friend has the same power supply I do and I could swap out with that..... but its not a high end machine like mine so kind of hard......

• Corsair Employees
UPDATE: Tried to boot up one of those sticks at 1600 9-9-9-24 v1.9

and my system would not boot up at all. Does that sound like a bad stick of ram?

It all depends. Is your CPU OCed or at stock? Will the other module boot and run succesfully at those same settings? Was this after a CMOS clear?

I tried 1 stick of ram and play WoW just fine it seemed like.... Both sticks have tested fine in numerous tests. I was told to try to test the mem slots by putting em in both slots I usually use. I did so and both passed. The system will not test 2 sticks in with memtest. It reboots. I could've just been lucky and had no problems while testing it with 1 stick, I really didn't have a lot of time to try it all. Sucks when you have computer problems =/ I then afterward tried putting in 2 sticks of ram booted it up and played some WoW I froze within the first five minutes, this is with everything at stock. Don't know what this points to but it sucks.

Archived