Corsair Community

DDR3 for AM3 boards

evobruce

I currently already have 4gb on my existing 4800+ but would like to upgrade my system. I am getting the Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P socket AM3 DDR3 board but am confused what ddr3 memory is supported. Will Corsair 4GB DDR3 DHX 1600C9DHX Twin3X (2x2GB) (TW3X4G1600C9DHX work with this board? It would help if I knew that this ram would work on that board before I put an order in!!. I'm confused on the memory support list provided by Gigabyte, is doesn't make much sense. I'm hoping to put Linux on the new system and watch it fly! Gigabyte say "watch this space" but if not should i stick to just adding more ddr2 to my existing Msi K9a2 Platinum board and changing the cpu ?

I would very grateful if you could help me with this.

Many thanks for that !:sunglasse

I have noticed today that overclockers.co.uk are now selling an overclocked bundle with this memory and the gigabyte board with an overclocked Phenom II x4. Will go for that system ! Will probably get an extra 4gb of RAM later on.

It's always best to get the memory at the same time. Then you will not have issues with different versions and fabrications of the same model.

Many thanks for that !:sunglasse

I have noticed today that overclockers.co.uk are now selling an overclocked bundle with this memory and the gigabyte board with an overclocked Phenom II x4. Will go for that system ! Will probably get an extra 4gb of RAM later on.

Archived