Corsair Community

Flash Voyager GT 16Gb poor performance

voodoo_child

Hi,

Ive just gotten my 16Gb Voyager GT today. I bought it on the basis that it was a 'high-speed' drive, but it doesnt seem very fast in use.

I have done a full format in FAT32 (default allocation size) and then used HDBench as recommended in some other threads here. Here is the result:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a170/vairish/HDBenchFlashVoyagerGT16Gb.jpg

Can you tell me if the drive is performing within specification?

Thanks

*Update*

Some follow-up information:

After reading some more threads (there seems to be a lot about the bad performance of this drive :roll:) I have tried the SD-CARD to format it, and it is now a little better. ~12Mb write. Although the read is now a little slower.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a170/vairish/HDBenchFlashVoyagerGT16Gb_2.jpg

Are my recent results within specification?

*Update* It was advertised at 27/34 in the store that I bought it.

Yeah, don't expect CORSAIR to stand behind your store's advertisement. They are likely referencing some ficitious results sponsored by...who knows.

Your SD CARD results look nice, however. I think most of us 16GB Flash Voyager users would like to achieve near 12MB/s Write Speeds. My 16GB FV peaked at 10335. What magic SD CARD settings did you emply to achieve 11889?

Sound

Yeah, don't expect CORSAIR to stand behind your store's advertisement. They are likely referencing some ficitious results sponsored by...who knows.

Your SD CARD results look nice, however. I think most of us 16GB Flash Voyager users would like to achieve near 12MB/s Write Speeds. My 16GB FV peaked at 10335. What magic SD CARD settings did you emply to achieve 11889?

Sound

Yeah, I have since contacted the store, and they have now changed the specs to 17/31. I guess it was just a mistake/typo.

I used thePanasonic SD-CARD utility that the staff here are recommending to re-format the card. The settings I used were: full reformat with auto-size adjustment.

If it is the "GT" Version it should write at about 14-17 MBps, I would see if the store can replace it for you.

Yes, it is the GT version, but i'm not going to bother getting a replacement. Im getting ~12Mb/s and I bet if I get a replacement it will be about the same. It will just be a waste of time and postage costs.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it is the GT version, but i'm not going to bother getting a replacement. Im getting ~12Mb/s and I bet if I get a replacement it will be about the same. It will just be a waste of time and postage costs.

Thanks for the reply.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk only 12MBps with the GT version? How awful.

I would get my money back from that store immediately.

It seems reasonable to conclude that you must be running a non-Windows O.S. since my 16 GB non-GT F.V. does not recognize the SD Card ERASE on/off setting under Windows XP. Reasonable because I get the same error message whenever I attempt to use the ERASE on, or ERASE off, option.

What O.S. are you running there, voodoo_child?

Cul

Archived