Corsair Community

Ram or CPU problem?

joltting

Hello,

Past few days I've been having some problems with my computer. You see, when I was doing simple tasks like attempting to watch a youtube video my CPU would spike up to 100% and stay in the rang of 70 to 100% usage. Witch is definitely not normal. In return my computer would lock up for moments at a time and or self restart. Now my computer is at the point where I can get to the windows loading screen but blue screens in the middle of the loading process, thus restarting it self back to the bio's.

This is not a new problem. I just recently upgraded my motherboard thinking that was the reason for my trouble(same RAM & CPU hardware). It seemed to work great for a couple of months. Now it's back to where it was before I upgraded my motherboard.

Every time I attempt to run memory Test on my system. The test only can last for 1 to 2 Min's max before the computer once again locks and or restarts it self. Even if I swap out one ram for the other, it still does the same thing or simply will not display the screen after the computer is turned on.

PS:My motherboard Bio's work perfectly with no problems. The errors only occur after something like Windows or MemTest is loaded.

PSS: Heat is not the problem, as I have quality airflow control. Plus a water cooling system in place.

• Corsair Employees
It is very unlikely that both modules would fail at the same time with the same issues. To help troubleshoot, I would suggest testing the modules individually in the same memory slot. If one of the modules fails and the other works, then we will need to replace both of them for you. However, if you get errors with both of them that would usually suggest some other problem and you may want to test them in a different system to see if you can duplicate the same issues.

Although this case has been solved. I too have had some trouble with the RMA request, then the return. Took corsair a week to accept(That is after I called them). Then after I sent it to them, and waited 4 or 5 days with no contact from them, and my tracking info clearly said that is was delivered to corsair. I had to call them again until them finally admitted to they actually had it and to ship it.

After all of that, I get a e-mail saying:

Dear (input name),

We wanted to let you know that we have received your return package for RMA number (input number)Your returned product is staged for review by our returns department, and we will be contacting you shortly regarding repair or replacement. Please note we are currently experiencing delays with warranty replacement shipments, please allow for an additional 5 business days for processing.

Sincerely,

Corsair Returns Department.

/end e-mail

Corsair has great products hands down. But they really need to work on their warrenty process.

• Corsair Employees
That is an Automated reply we have tried to steam line some of the RMA system but currently there have been some delays in processing orders. And I am sorry about that, but you may get a few responses like this during the process.

Archived