Corsair Community

CM2X1024-6400C4 defective

Paiolino

Hi,

I think I got a defective ram stick. I live in Italy, can I have it replaced directly from Corsair (or from the local distributor?).

I would like to bypass the shop who sold me it because all I got from them was only bad words and insults. I have no words for them.

The defective stick was tested alone with memtest86+ 2.11 and I got these results:

address: 0000053580c - 5.3MB

err-bits: 00004000

It reports many errors (> 40). I got the same results in any of the slots of the motherboard.

The serial number of the ram stick is: 3258337 07511030

Module Version: 2.1

Thank you in advance.

Paiolino

Thank you, ram guy, for your quick response.

I'll try to test them on another system before opening a RMA request.

I have another question for you:

I noticed that ram modules are quite hot. I attached a thermal sensor to one of the working modules on my motherboard and it reports (50°C / 122°F). Is it normal?

Both the working and the defective modules report almost the same temperature.

Thanks,

Paiolino

• Corsair Employees
Its not uncommon but no normally they will run about 100-110 Deg F and memory can run much hotter than the MB can stand, I would suspect if its running that hot the MB may be most of the cause, can you test them in another system and test them one at a time?

Yes, i'll test them one at a time in the next week.

In my previous post I forgot to mention that before owning and using these memory modules I used the equivalent ones but "DHX" and C5 instead of C4, but they run "cold". I mean, they didn't become so hot. But I got them replaced from the shop I bought them (with all the bad words I mentioned before) because of incompatibility with the MB (I think with the OLD bios). So I got the C4.

Anyway, I'll do the tests then I'll post the results.

Thank you again,

Paiolino.

I tested onto another system. I got the same results as my computer. It's defective. I'm opening a RMA request.

This stick is a part of a "matched memory pair", should I send back the pair or only the defective one?

Archived