Corsair Community

Hx1000

JMCD

So about 3 months ago I purchased this power supply for my system (750W didn't cut it for tri sli). Anywho I've never really had problems with it (loud fan, fixed by loosening screws on the grill) , it's never shut off on me or done anything odd.

Tonight I was playing in a game and my computer just shut off. I turned everything off and took a look, checked all connections. Basically the computer will shut off now within 5 seconds of me turning it on or up to 30 minutes. I have no idea what could be causing this, everything else is working fine, sometimes it makes it to windows, sometimes not. Load or not at load doesn't matter. Everything else seems fine, I can still play games even. I haven't had much time to test out how long it'll go though. Anyways is there anything I can try without having to RMA? I'll try just one card tomorrow on another power supply just to make sure it's not another component. I've left it unplugged for the night for the heck of it. I'm open to any other suggestions. Thanks, Mike.

• Corsair Employees

Here are a few other possibilities:

1. Possibly a memory problem, use http://www.memtest.org to make sure you are not getting any errors.

2. The motherboard or some other component is going out of spec and tripping the overcurrent/overvoltage protection circuits in the PSU. Try the PSU in a different system to see if you have the same problems.

3. There is a faulty component in the PSU.

I would go down the list and see if you can narrow down the possibilities. If it looks like there is a good chance that a replacement PSU will resolve the issues then, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

It ran for a few seconds today and then just stopped running completely. I tried my other power supply and it booted up and ran fine on the same components. I will start the RMA process tomorrow, thanks.

One question, for the RMA do I need to include the power cables (Sata, molex, etc) Or just the PSU itself?

Archived