Corsair Community

A7N8X & TwinX1024-2700LL Question?

TijerasBob

Can anyone tell me if I have the settings correct for this system? AMD 2500/333 Athlon XP Barton CPU Asus A7N8X Nforce2 Motherboard Corsair TwinX 1024-2700LL DDR333 XMS2700 Memory The reason I ask is SisSoft Sandra memory benchmark indicates poor results compared to others with similar hardware. Thanks for your help. See Attachment:

[quote name='CandyKid']Those settings seem correct! What scores are you recieving, btw? Have you tried [url=http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php]Aida32[/url]? Also, are your modules in DIMM slots 1 & 3 leaving an empty slot in between? PLUR CK[/QUOTE] Thanks for your reply, yes the modules are in slots 1 & 3, No I have not tried Aida32 but I will. The Memory bandwith benchmark is 2312 / 2175 MB/S. Thats slower then all the other PC2700 CL2 modules listed.

Aida32 test results are very close to the SisSoft's numbers. 2360 MB/S for read and 925MB/S for write. As I said before the numbers are lower then the others for 2700 memory. Even compared to the same motherboard. I was hoping that one of the experts could look at my bios and recommend a different setting.

I did as you suggested, except trying one module at a time, the test results dropped to 2344MB/S. The other benchmarks I was comparing against had dual modules installed. I wonder if the other benchmarks use the default frequency's or they have overclocked ? I guess it's really not that important anyway as I have never been able to duplicate any of the benchmarks from SisSoft Sandra's tests.

Archived