Corsair Community

Vista and/o XP with my config?

mkwalter

Hello.

I am building a new PC with the parts I listed in my profile (still waiting on the mobo to show up).

In reading the instructions /notes in my Corsair Dominator memory package it 's stated that "Corsair's line of 4GB memory kits aredesigned for PCs featuring 64-bit operating systems. Installing 4GB onto PCswith 32-bit operating systems is not advised nor supported under warranty".

I was hoping to dual boot my PC between Windows XP and Windows Vista Ultiate 64. Is it advised that I bag the XP plan? Or should this run ok?

Thanks.

Michael

Yes, there is no problem. This was a misprint. The only issue you will have is that the 32Bit OS will not make use of the entire 4GB. But otherwise it will be fine.

Hello.

I am building a new PC with the parts I listed in my profile (still waiting on the mobo to show up).

In reading the instructions /notes in my Corsair Dominator memory package it 's stated that "Corsair's line of 4GB memory kits aredesigned for PCs featuring 64-bit operating systems. Installing 4GB onto PCswith 32-bit operating systems is not advised nor supported under warranty".

I was hoping to dual boot my PC between Windows XP and Windows Vista Ultiate 64. Is it advised that I bag the XP plan? Or should this run ok?

Thanks.

Michael

Archived