Corsair Community

No beeps on mobo

oggiet

Hi all and DerekT :D:

Been a while, got a bit adventurous and decided to watercool my pc. Well lets just say that my cpu block had a leak and went over my mobo and gpu :roll: I know, noob mistakes.

Well now i have pc that comes on (everything lights up, fans, mobo lights and gpu lights flash) but i get no signal and no beeps.

i cant figure out what it is, why no beeps ??:confused: does it mean mobo is gone

any help to this noob would be greatly appreciated ;):

OK, so you installed water cooling and leaked over your motherboard and video card. Now the system will not startup so you need to perform testbed analysis which is basically testing parts on a known working system. You do have a speaker hooked to the header? If so and no beeps occur, then I personally would say that you have fried the board. You can test the other components on a known working system to determine what is still working.

I think you need a new board though. You do know that there is non conductive coolant? PrimoChill works very well.

Hi all and DerekT :D:

Been a while, got a bit adventurous and decided to watercool my pc. Well lets just say that my cpu block had a leak and went over my mobo and gpu :roll: I know, noob mistakes.

Well now i have pc that comes on (everything lights up, fans, mobo lights and gpu lights flash) but i get no signal and no beeps.

i cant figure out what it is, why no beeps ??:confused: does it mean mobo is gone

any help to this noob would be greatly appreciated ;):

OK, so you installed water cooling and leaked over your motherboard and video card. Now the system will not startup so you need to perform testbed analysis which is basically testing parts on a known working system. You do have a speaker hooked to the header? If so and no beeps occur, then I personally would say that you have fried the board. You can test the other components on a known working system to determine what is still working.

I think you need a new board though. You do know that there is non conductive coolant? PrimoChill works very well.

Thank you Derek, i knew you would be able to help :cool:

Speaker is connected to the header/mobo just the way it was before the accident (i should have known not to fiddle with the computer - but gpu noise was killing me so went for cpu and gpu cooling).

What will do is rma mobo and cpu, let them test that as its still under warrenty . Regarding gpu i get 3 red lights flash then go off, which i was told is what it normaly does.

Yeah used Feser coolant, its non conductive but when it leaked it went into slot where gpu goes in so think that might be the problem.

Well gotta say i learned from my mistakes, next time will test the loop outside the pc. But as if you remember from my previous experience building pc's i have really bad luck

Thanks again Derek.....your a legend ;):

Hmmm. Non conductive is non conductive. Have you removed all parts and set them to bench test? Remove all parts from the case. Remove the battery. Let the motherboard stand alone for a day. Insert power, different video and an old PCI would be best, single stick of memory, mouse and keyboard. Restart.

Yeah used Feser coolant, its non conductive

• 2 weeks later...

Great news :D:

Got my pc up and running....it was mobo that was at fault. Everything is good now but when pc posts it comes up with "cpu fan failure", have to press F1 to continue.

Any idea how to switch this off in bios....can find it :confused:

Enter your BIOS and go to Power. Look for Fans and when you see the N/A on the CPU fan, change to Ignored.

Great news :D:

Got my pc up and running....it was mobo that was at fault. Everything is good now but when pc posts it comes up with "cpu fan failure", have to press F1 to continue.

Any idea how to switch this off in bios....can find it :confused:

Archived