Corsair Community

2 pairs of TWIN2X4096-6400C5 (8GB)

z89x23

Hi guys..

I recently bought 8GB of XMS2 rams.. I builted my new PC with Vista 64bit Ultimate but I have problems with my ram.. I filled up all my DDR2 slots (4x2GB) and I checked them with Memtest after several blue screens.. I also tested them one by one and I got the same errors..

The default voltage of my MB is 1.8v and 800MHz and I also put the timing manualy to 5-5-5-18.

Can some help me ? My MB is a GA-965P-DS4..

P.S. I just reset my bios and tested my older ram with no errors. So its not my MB..

Thanx..

• Corsair Employees

If you are getting errors when testing them one at a time I would suspect some other issue and would suggest testing them in another system.

With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

I took your advice and tested again each ram module in a differrent system..

It turned out that one of the modules is defective.. I bougth them in pairs (2x2048) do I have to send both for RMA ?

And I m from Cyprus shall I send them with UPS ?

Thanx..

• 2 weeks later...

Ok.. I looked for a Corsair supplier in Cyprus and I found one.. :D:

Its possible to send them to you via the supplier from here, yes ?? Its easier for me.. :roll:

And again will sent both modules and also will notify the supplier that I have already spoke to Technical Support and RAM Guy.

Thanx in advanced..

Archived