Corsair Community

Asus P5Q not posting

phileefan

Hello,

I'm trying to finish a new build ( newbee here ) and the computer is not posting on initial startup. I'm using an Asus P5Q mobo, Corsair Dual Channel XMS2 4096MB PC8500 DDR2 1066MHz Memory. At the Asus site I was told it could be an issue with the RAM. I looked and this memory is in the QVL for this mobo. Does anyone have any ideas? Also upon startup I do not get any beeps and/or video so I can't look at bios. Thanks...............:confused:

I was wondering if there is a compatibility issue with Corsair Dual Channel XMS2 4096MB PC8500 DDR2 1066MHz Memory and Asus P5Q mobo? I'm not getting anything at startup. No beeps, video etc........ I see in the mobo QVL that this memory is compatible. Does anyone have any ideas on this? This is a new build. Newbee here so be patient! Thank you..................:confused:

Threads merged, please do not double post.

If both sticks inserted singly do not bring about a boot, then the problem is very likely external to the memory. It's very doubtful that you would get two bad sticks in one package.

Since you do not have other hardware to test, then I advise you to take the computer to a shop where they have the necessary hardware to test. Conversely, if you know someone who has a system that will accept your memory, you can then test your memory on their system.

Testing with a single system and no other hardware is quite impossible.

I do not have any other memory to try. I tried to put the RAM in one at a time it still nothing. Any other ideas? Thanks...............

• 1 month later...

Most likely it's your mobo and the BIOS version. I also had alot of problems with the P5Q and POST.

Turned out to be too early a BIOS version for the RAM. If you look at the BIOS revision history on the P5Q series boards - almost every month since their June 08' release was a BIOS update for "memory compatibility".

ASUS finally swapped boards with me after lots of testing and complaining. Updated board runs smooth and fast on this corsair memory.

The P5Q is finicky - but once you get it updated - should be a rock solid performer. GL!

Archived