Corsair Community

Asus P5Q Pro + TWIN2X2048-8500C5DF

risbopo

I am having issues with my memory. I am not able to run it in dual channel configuration without errors.

If I try to run the two sticks as Dual Channel (have tried both channels) : fails at test 1....and reboot with Memtest an freeze with windows.

Both sticks tested alone pass Memtest. I have tested all 4 slots on the board with no errors.

I am currently running the one stick in slots A1 with no errors during Memtest...

Bios manually set to run memory at 1066, 5-5-5-15, 2.1V. Bios is current.

My Memorys have a problem???

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Dual Channel Mode is a function of your motherboard's memory controller. As long as the memory fulfils the requirements of the memory controller (Matched Pair) then the ability to set to Dual Channel Mode falls to the Northbridge. Proof of the issue being the memory controller is the Memtest passing in single channel mode.

You have a memory controller issue by virtue of your testing. I recommend an RMA of the motherboard.

I am having issues with my memory. I am not able to run it in dual channel configuration without errors.

If I try to run the two sticks as Dual Channel (have tried both channels) : fails at test 1....and reboot with Memtest an freeze with windows.

Both sticks tested alone pass Memtest. I have tested all 4 slots on the board with no errors.

My memtest version was bad...

I have increase the NB Voltage to 1.4V and try to run the two sticks as Dual Channel, test with memtest OK. ^^

NB Voltage was set to Auto. Tonight i try with 1.3 and 1.2V.

Because 1.4 is too high no ??

Archived