Corsair Community

HX520W Dead outta the box?

dockmaster

Built a new system with the Corsair PS from New Egg.. PS never plugged in until the final item installed on the board. flipped the switch, nothing, no CPU fan, No sys fan no air, the PS fan isn't spinning....

Read the forum and did the jumper test and the PS fan spins. Hooked up the case external fan with molex, nothing. Did some of the voltage tests and an getting nothing. I should get 12 volts somewhere, right? doesnt seem like I'm getting anything to the motherboard. 24 pin and 8 pin are both plugged in.

I just noticed that pin 20 witch should be the -5v white wire is not there......

looking at the cable with the mb latch up top, the 8th pin and wire, from the left is empthy.

Is this common or a problem?

Help or I'm on my way to Best Buy....

Thanks

BillD

Gigbyte GA-EP45-UD3P

Intel E8400

Raedon 4d 2830 video card

******** mF2 8500cl54 gbpk 2 gbx2

Antec case

• Corsair Employees

Sounds like there could be a short or grounding issue. I would disconnect any component which is not necessary to get into the BIOS, and see if you can duplicate the same issues. If even with a reduced hardware configuration you have the same issues, then you may either want to try the PSU outside of the case, or remove both the board and PSU from the case to rule out a grounding issue.

If all else fails we can replace the PSU for you, but you may want to test the PSU in a different system to be sure that you have the same problems. To have the PSU replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived