Corsair Community

CMXAF1 replacement?

MPSAN

The Fan part number is CMXAF1 and I would just request an RMA for the fan.

Let's get it replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it.

Hello Ram Guy. I have the bottom fan of the 3 that is noisy and sometimes stops. This package (2 X 2GB RAM and the FANS) are only 8 weeks old. Do we have to pay shipping back to Corsair? Otherwise, the RAM is working fine and is OC'ed a little.

TIA

MP

I have an RMA #. I assume that I can send the Fan assembly back in a bubble pack envelope via the USPS. That is inexpensive.

Also, if I hold off on this and see if it happens again, is there a time limit to this RMA #? I mean if I just try to see if it happens again will it be OK? I am not sure how long the warranty is good. I did get this fan as part of the package with the 2X2GB TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF R, and that says Lifetime.

Thank You

The fan's only have a year warranty but as sold with the module set it states lifetime. So I would not deny a claim for that reason.

Thank you. Yes, they came in the pack of two modules and the fan strip. So far the fan has been OK...perhaps I will wait a little to see how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Great. I assume you want the complete fan assy. I'll just take it off and you want me to leave the bracket and screws on it.

This is a strange problem as the noise goes away as soon as I press IN ( toward the memory sticks) a little on the bottom fan...almost like the shaft is loose and it is scraping the housing. Anyway, I hope a new one will last longer than this one. At least the memory is very good.

Ramguy,

Coincidentally, I also just got an RMA for a Dominator Fan that is rattling. I spent some time & effort wrapping one of the brackets in electrical tape so it doesn't short out my video card (~1mm clearance).

Is it standard policy that I can just ship back the fan and keep the brackets/screws?

Thanks,

Jesse

Archived