Corsair Community

2 pairs of TWIN2X4096-6400C5

kenthronny

Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 4096MB CL5,

I bought two of these, upgrading from 2000MB to 8000mb

First i turned of the comp, plugged out the powersupply and unplugged the OLD modules( the 3dcard to, because its in the way for the white pushon buttons)

I followed the instructions to exact, and plugged in the 4 modules.

Plugged in the 3dcard, and than the powersupply.

I fired up the computer, but the monitor is reacting at all. At first i think that the 3dcard isnt properly plugged, but it is. Then i check the maincard, there i can see 4 lights arranged from top to bottom: RED, RED, GREEN, RED. This means that the mainboard is looking for the memory and the size of it, but if the lights hang over time it means that the modules are damaged or not installed properly who i can ensure you people that is plugged in properly.

Then i unplugg the 3dcard, the new modules and plugg in the old ones and the 3d card. Voila the computer works fine again, but however i got a warning message when fireing up: Warning!!! the attempt to overclock failed, and the system is now reset to the default settings.(something like that)

So what have i done wrong????

Reset the BIOS, try one pair at a time. Note that since the 2 pairs weren't packaged together, they aren't guaranteed together. Try dropping the speed down a notch when running 4 modules, as this will place less load on your motherboard's memory controller and may help with stability.

• Corsair Employees

Please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org at their tested settings to be sure one is not failing.

With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Im sorry but this didnt help me at all, you didnt even answere the question above. Do i reset the main board card when ive plugged in the the new modules.

If i cant get an straight SIMPLE answere, that can solve the problems im having your product i will send it back to komplett.no and buy an another set from an another produsent.

• Corsair Employees
Im sorry but this didnt help me at all, you didnt even answer the question above. Do i reset the main board card when ive plugged in the the new modules.

If i cant get an straight SIMPLE answer, that can solve the problems im having your product i will send it back to komplett.no and buy an another set from an another produsent.

So you are saying that MB will not post with any of the modules when installed one at a time???

I am sorry but yes reset the MB BIOS if you have to as it is suggest in the user manual. Or what exactly is the question that you feel is not being answered?

Sorry but I don't get the missed question, please be more specific

Archived