Corsair Community

HX1000 Fan making noise

Slammy

Well my HX1000 started making an annoying sound, guess i need to RMA it. Does corsair offer cross shipping? Id glad play full price to avoid downtime. Also, ive read SEVERAL posts with the fans in these PSUs acting up, have they addressed the issue? This psu is maybe 2 months old and i dont want this to be a common occurance naturally.

You're seeing several posts because this is a technical support forum. No one posts when it works fine, only when it doesn't. My HX1000W is quiet for the record though :)

Cross shipping isn't a normal option, but after you get your RMA # call in to their customer support and they'll see what they can do.

wow, just called in and got my crossshipping setup. Unfortunately they dont have any stock on the hx1000 so i dont know when ill be getting a new one but atleast mine still works even if its noisy.

I just wanted to say that the customer service lady was very helpful and polite and she was actually american!! I am impressed, my next memory purchase will be coming back to corsair. Keep it up guys!

my RMA number is 1093468 if ramguy can do anything for me.

• Corsair Employees
well i was charged and she didnt give me a def answer. She said it should ship out in 3 days but didnt say for sure. Maybe they got one to send me so they went ahead and charged me, i dunno.

From what I have seen, usually if the part is out of stock it won't take more than a few days before they have it available. Let us know if you have any issues with the replacement!

• Corsair Employees
Well i shipped the old one back. Im not very happy that i had to pay return shipping, cost me $25 to send it back when it was a $2 fan that broke. I would have liked to have seen a prepaid shipping label.

From technical support there is not a lot I could do to offset any shipping costs. You may want to contact our RMA department to see if there are any alternative options. You can reach them at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com.

From technical support there is not a lot I could do to offset any shipping costs. You may want to contact our RMA department to see if there are any alternative options. You can reach them at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com.

well once is fine but if it happens again thats means id be out $50 over a cheap fan bearing which i would def have a problem with.

Im not a big complainer so im ok with it this time. Im just really perturbed why they use a cheap sleeve bearing fan on their top of the line $200+ power supply. Well thanks for the heads up on the cross shipping, i was very happy about that. If i have anymore problems i will let ya know.

Archived