Corsair Community

TWIN3X2048-1333C9 one Stick Bad

pbedrosi

Guys, new to this site. Tonight I received 2 gigs of the memory in the title and I could not get my system to boot.

I already have 2 modules of this memory installed and I ordered 2 more to bring my total system memory to 4 gigs. So, i bought 2 more gigs from a seller on eBay (new), although part of the UPC is missing for rebate reasons.

Installed the new memory, all banks full and no boot. I removed my old ram and tried to booth with 2 new models and no boot. I used only one of the new modules and system boot, I then installed the second new module and no-boot.

I installed the suspected module by itself and my systems beeps 3 times and no boot.

Right now I have my current modules and one of the new modules (3 gig) running just fine. Set the timing as prescribed by another post here, so far so good.

I did prior to this post installed the suspected module in the last bank and again not only the system will not boot but my system keeps turning on and off...

Anyhow, long story short should I ask the seller to take this memory back or will Corsair issue RMA and replace the module? or the set?? Thanks for the help.

• Corsair Employees

Yes if you purchased them from another end user that user will have to do the RMA for you.

With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR1066 and set the memory Voltage to 1.7-1.90 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.05 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

If the reseller is a licensed reseller then you can get an RMA from us directly, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them.

Archived