Corsair Community

16 GIG Survivor not recognized.

300winmag

(This is only my second time using this as I got it for xmas) I put some files on the 16 gig and tried to transfer them to another computer but when I plugged it back in I got a USB not recognized, may have malfunctioned blah blah blah. So I put it back in the original computer and same thing. I have now tried 3 different computers and all say the same thing.

I always safely remove my drives and have never formated them until I tried using SD-CARD Organization which I found on this forum but since the drive won't show up it's useless. I can see no other option but to get it replaced, if anybody has a better option please let me know, thanx.

I live in Canada, I would assume you guys would take care of the shipping bill?

As per all RMAs, you pay to ship it to them, they pay to ship the new one back to you. You may want to try RMAing it through the store you bought it at first though, as it may be quicker / cheaper shipping, as they're probably closer to you.

Well I guess the submit button didn't do anything cause I have no email, but thats a good thing. To my surprise the store I bought it from took it back and gave me another one.... but that one was screwed up also so 2 hours later I was back at the store again and this time I got one that works!!!!!!!!!!!... so far.

These flash drives have such good reviews I can't believe I never seen a review that pointed this problem out.

Archived