Corsair Community

Pretty sure my TX750 is dead

sja7448

Well after my recent computer purchase 4 weeks ago I was quite happy with the way everything was going. Computer was fast and smooth. One little thing I saw that was bothering me was the 12v rail on the PSU. The rail was posting 10.8v in my bios. I was suspicious but the computer was running fine and I wasnt having and stability issues.

After a while it got a little worse and i began to watch it. 2 weeks later its dropped to 10.6v. I happened to be playing farcry 2 today with few problems when the system slowed way down. Loading was taking 10x longer and I began to hear ticking coming from the case. I closed the game and restarted it to see if that would help. Same problem. I restarted the computer. Or attempted to at least. I tried everything. I removed all the nonessential parts: video (i have onboard aswell), HD, CD drive, and 1 stick of ram. The system will just flicker. I busted out the ole multimeter and low and behold the psu was just flickering the 12v rail for the maybe half a second that the computer was on. No overclocking completely bone stock.

help me out here would ya?

I just tested it again just to make sure. The 12v rail only shows voltage for the first 1/2 second that the PSU is switched on. I tried this several times and the highest I got on the rail was 10 volts. I could only get 1 5v rail to show up when the PSU is switched on and left on. When I switch the PSU on with my meter in the 5v and 3v rails they only show a quick bump of voltage.

Im thinking thats not good. :/

Archived