Corsair Community

Computer will not boot

Wildman95GS-T

One day i will leave well enough alone, i have replaced the three 2700LL modules with a TWINX2048-3200C2 set trying to improve the performance on my old system. I booted into setup and set everything to optimum and auto, ram voltage is still at 2.8v, hit f10 and before the system started up i turned the power off, i have done this many times and had no problems. I have to remove my video card to get to the memory sticks, i desided to blow the dust out of the Zalman cooler, replaced the ram and installed the video card. The system would not boot up after this, my motherboard does not have a post beep like most boards all you can hear is the hd starting up. My monitor is black, no signel, i replaced the ram nothing, cleared cmos and removed battery, nothing, removed video card and tried another agp and pci card nothing, tried on board video nothing. Tried differant sticks of ram in various sizes, nothing. I have power to everything, cpu fan, case fans, video card fan, cdrom and dvdrom :(:

Thanks Ram Guy, my sons computer has an Asus A7N266-C and they worked great in it. I removed all my cards, replaced ram, cpu and psu, nothing but fans and hd running no boot. Definably looks like the motherboard. now i have a delima, 462 motherboard are hard to find so it looks like time for an upgrade. Only thing is if i get the newer boards out they will need ddr2 or 3 ram modules and these new ddr400 sticks are wasted money :(:

Archived