Corsair Community

Pure Disappointment

mrandek

This is just a general comment(or rant)...not sure where else to post it....

My Wife purchased 16GB corsair USB drive as a B-day gift for me. This is quite possibly the slowest drive ever. 5.6 MB/sec xfer rate? I think she Paid $40ish or so Dollars via Buy.com with a $20 mail in rebate. Now $20 doesn't seem that bad for a 16GB usb key. However, Competing products(ie Patriot, OCZ) is $25(after rebate) supports both ReadyBoost and transfers in the 20 MB/Sec. What gives? is my drive defective? Now I can't return it to buy.com...pay for shipping back(7ish dollars) + 15% restocking fee...

This is not the value I expect from Corair. I've purchased memory from Corsair and have been overwhelmed with the value/per $. This is simply not a good device for the Money. Of course, after I get my fab new B-day gift and start to investigate why the perf is so slow, I see corsair has the 'GT' line which apparantly stands for Usable....

Sorry for the rant but my Wife is upset that she thought she was getting me a 'cool' gift but it's basically useless...She bought based on the name - shame on her. Building a poor product - shame on corsair...

In the end, I will second guess future purchases of Corsair products. Not because there are not good(except for this product), it's that I'm not sure what to expect.

Thanks

to be honest i can relate.

i use corsair memory in a couple of my computers. so i trusted the name.

got my flash drive only to have a new 90$ paper weight. rma'd it couple of times and one they even tested before sending me it. same results. slow performance.

ended up getting a different brand 32gb drive *which was 40$ cheaper* and it was literally 3 times faster then my survivor.

what annoys me the most is that newegg has a zero refund policy :roll:

definitely will think twice about the brand anymore. kinda sad really. ohwell.

• Corsair Employees

Please try and format the drive with the Format utility from the SD-CARD Organization. Then run the test again and see if that helps.

Please try the HD-Bench software to test the performance with a 100MB File size.

The write should be about 8 MBps.

If you still have problems we can get it or them replaced, please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• 3 months later...
Please try and format the drive with the Format utility from the SD-CARD Organization. Then run the test again and see if that helps.

Please try the HD-Bench software to test the performance with a 100MB File size.

The write should be about 8 MBps.

If you still have problems we can get it or them replaced, please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

I was looking for ReadyBoost posts and saw this one.. I have 3x Voyager flash units, a Voyager 16GB (Blue), a Voyager GT 16GB (Red) and a 32GB Voyager which is out of the picture..

I am running Windows 7 RC (7100) nicely on my older machine, and on reading of the ReadyBoost feature, tried 6 of the 8 devices I have 'lying around' here ;)

I was surprised by how many were rejected as not fit for ReadyBoost.

The Voyager flash units disappointed me first, as they both failed RB, which resulted in my ordering a pair of 4GB (oops) Razzos that work fine. Then I learn't that giving unfit units a quick format in W7 usually made them suitable for RB.

This worked for the Blue 16GB! But not for the Red 16GB GT unit... the opposite of what I would expect.

The latter unit works OK otherwise, but I would like to find out more about what is 'wrong' with it. Can someone please advise which tools I can run on W7/Vista to check it?

Thanks

Archived