Corsair Community

HX1000 gives strange power readings

equlizer34

Ive had the HX1000 for just over a week now and shes been great. Everything is overclocked and i game for hours everyday. The only thing that worries me is the voltage readings i see.

Ive seen in the bios that they are out about 8-10% and in windows programs out about 15% or more. Ive had many power supplies before and they were never this far out. Should i be worried? Should i return the psu?

Where on the motheboard connector do i check voltages? Is it safe to do jus stick the multimeter pins in the holes and check?

• Corsair Employee
Ive had the HX1000 for just over a week now and shes been great. Everything is overclocked and i game for hours everyday. The only thing that worries me is the voltage readings i see.

Ive seen in the bios that they are out about 8-10% and in windows programs out about 15% or more. Ive had many power supplies before and they were never this far out. Should i be worried? Should i return the psu?

Where on the motheboard connector do i check voltages? Is it safe to do jus stick the multimeter pins in the holes and check?

Also, if your system is not unstable then I would suspect that those voltage readings are incorrect.

• Corsair Employee
Is there a diagram where im supposed to put the leads to test the voltages?

You will need to find a diagram online for your motherboard or, check with your motherboard manufacturer. The measurement points vary from board to board.

Are you actually having stability issues?

Alternatively, you can measure 12V and 5V through one of the 4 pin molex connectors easily. The outer pins are 12V/5V and the middle two are ground. So use that as a reference. Link

(I reckon there's no color coding since Corsair cables usually are all black).

If the voltages were off by up to 15% you would certainly have stability issues. So I'd say the PSU is fine in reality.

Archived