Corsair Community

P6T6 WS RL/Corsair Dominator - serious DiMM socket issue !

dann_369

Hello guys

Firstly i wanna apologies for my bad English, but at the same time I don`t doubt u want get it somehow :D:

and if the problem persist i may improve my spelling, hopefully :laughing:

So here is my problem;

A week ago I just finished building my new system. Everything used to function properly, OS and all hardwares (except the issue of having too high temperatures of the CPU, idle 40-43 degrees celsius and load up to 70-75 even with the more then proper cooling) until today when I was checking up something in BIOS SetUp where I have found one very unpleasant surprise in the "System Information".

The BIOS was listing just 4 GB of RAM instead of my existing 6 GB. The 2 GB disappeared today just like this. There was not much to do but to check up each one modul alone. The fact i came up to is that all three of them work faultless but just in the two of the last DIMM sockets (blue calor one) DIMM_B1 and DIMM_C1. The first one socket (DIMM_A1) appears not to recognize any of the three DDR3 modules.

I am pretty sure this was not occuring til today. Next step I`ve made I went into Windows and checked the RAM's with Everst and CPU-Z. Both of them lists just 4 GB, but at least recognizes that the RAM's are in triple channel and inside the slots. Beside that they as well list all the datas and informations from all three moduls I have. This for sure says something to some of you ... to me, unfortunitly nothing.

Bios 0311 (new) Setings:

"Ai Overclock Tuner" is on the X,M.P and DRAM Voltage is Lowered Down Light to 1.64V as someone somewhere suggested, all the rest on Auto.

No new hardware was installed neither any of the settings have been altered or changed before it happened.

The question is: Shall I send the board strate away back to my dealer I bought it from, or is anyone thinking there might be some other help; some settings, new configuration, whatever... !?

Ah, last but not least, PC is not overclocked, not yet.

Thanks in advance!

Jesus, RAM GUY, why CPU !?

Now you really scared the sh...t out of me :eek:

CPU is laped as heat sink from Thermalright True Copper Ultra - 120 Extreme is :!:

that's how I got my temperatures drop down, idle 35-6 celsius and load 68-69

... pleaseeee, don't do this to me :laughing:

And I am sorry but we did not do that to you, I would maybe see if a friend might be able to test your CPU on another MB.

Sorry guys, but are you really thinking it could have been the CPU as well?

Now I wanna know why you come to this idea. It could have been as well your corsair dominator kit. Reading a lot in the EVGA and DFI - Forums I found out that there are many people complaining about the same troubles with exactly the same moduls.

As you read for sure in my post above you came up to the point that I don't have warranty on CPU anymore. That's why it is very important for me to know why you think the CPU could have been a culprit.

Thanks for your answers.

Sorry guys, but are you really thinking it could have been the CPU as well?

Now I wanna know why you come to this idea. It could have been as well your corsair dominator kit. Reading a lot in the EVGA and DFI - Forums I found out that there are many people complaining about the same troubles with exactly the same moduls.

As you read for sure in my post above you came up to the point that I don't have warranty on CPU anymore. That's why it is very important for me to know why you think the CPU could have been a culprit.

Thanks for your answers.

Why do you believe you don't have a warranty on your CPU anymore?

It doesn't sound like the sticks because you stated you tested each stick in the same slot and they all tested just fine. It is then down to the motherboard/s A1 slot or the memory controller. If the slot is bad, then it wouldn't recognize anything. If the memory controller has an issue, then it may have an issue recognizing data coming from a slot / channel.

Now it's interesting that CPU-Z is reporting it's running triple channel. Something's recognizing 3 sticks, but where the problem lies is the real issue. As Ram Guy suggested, the only real way to troubleshoot this is to swap CPUs. If the problem follows the CPU, it's the CPU. If it doesn't, it's the motherboard.

Archived