Corsair Community

TX750W Failed out of the box

jak

Hi can anyone advise if the TX750W is known to be problematic. Ihave just built a new system and used this as psu but it proved to be U/S. Afetr spending hours checking out all possible failure options I deceded to check this new psu on an old running ASUS rig and like the new build this sytem too refused to power up. I have tried shorting out the gren and black and the unit appears to be DEAD! I am now a bit concerned as to whether I should ppursue using this PSU as I dont expect this type of problem with a new unit.

Are these units vulnerable to failure? Is it easily remedied. This unit was bought over a year ago but shortly after getting it I was sent abroad for a year and have only just returned and got round to building the new rig and I am truly hacked off with this prob!! Jak

The new build is on an ASUS P5E Premium board with a 9450 processor and 2GB of Corsair 1333. Full description of new board is now on now my details. The older unit is an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe which also failed to power up.

Not familiar with this RMA process but only hope it works as it appears to be a really powerful abd quiet unit even if it isn't modular.

Hi - just checked my emails and noticed I did get a confirmation yesterday. The case number is 852555.

Hope I have n't screwed things up as I have justed submitted another one following your message above. Jak

Thanks for the RMA but is the Netherlands the nearest service point to the UK! This going to cost me £40 (50Euros or 75$) to ship one way. Seems a heavy price for a customer to have to stack up for a manufacturers faulty product. I can see this being not unreasonable on memory, vis the weight, but wow £40!

Jak

Archived