Corsair Community

Corsair Voyager Gt :{

techmike15

Hello

My 8GB Corsair Voyager GT is not recognized in any computer. Now I have read a few forums and i am a bit disturbed by the answer (returning the product). I need to know if there is any way to retrieve or resolve my issue and saving my information. This is the second voyager I have had and the first one(4GB Voyager) had the same problem. I have over a weeks of work stored that is crucial and not saved. Desperatey needing some true Voyager advice.

Looking forward to hearring from your expertice in the matter.

Thank you in advanced.

Mike in a deep hole of ....

• Corsair Employees

When you connect the drive does the system detect it is there but just cannot access the drive or it is not detected at all, please check in device manager to be sure?

If it is detected you can run some of the software listed in this Application Note.

This application note explains how the basic File System on a Corsair USB Flash drive works as well as reviews common issues and tips on preventing the most common types of USB Flash data corruption.

If it is not being detected I am sorry but the chance of recovering the Data is not good and I would suggest we go ahead and replace it, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it.

Hello Ram Guy

Yes when i connect the drive it shows that a new hardware was found, but it is not recognized. In the device manager under USB controllers shows an uknown device. I have uninstalled and scanned for new hardware and it is still unkown. Please let me know if you have any other ideas. In the meantime I'm gonna try one of the softwares from the app. notes.

Wish me luck.

Just wanted to add that when I am in device manager the status is (No drivers are installed for this device). Now I have been searching a bit for any possible drivers but no luck. Maybe this helps you with a solution. I am out it's late. Check back later today when im refreshed.

Thanks again

Mike

My OS is XP pro sp2 and yes i have tried it on another computer and i get the same issue.

I am wondering why that the computer finds a new hardware installs it, but then does not recognize it and also shows that drivers are not installed.

What would be the reason/solution for this?

If it is a virus then how would you clean it if the drive is not seen?

I understand the worst case scenario is having to replace it, but i would try all possibilities before i reach that point.

So whats is needed to get this started?

I was going to try to use the dat recovery programs (that was posted earlier), but i would like to repair the drive first. Any thoughts?

Thank you

Mike on a mission to ....

If it is not fully recognized in multiple systems, then it's highly doubtful it's an OS issue (unless karma hit you and they all screwed up in the same way at the same time). Since it's doubtful it's an OS issue, this leaves hardware. Use one of the programs mentioned in the link he posted. They may be able to show you if any data is recoverable.

Since it's likely it's hardware, the only option would be to RMA it.

I have tried using a couple programs provided, but i do not understand how would i recover any files from a location that is not recognized or that i can not even view the location myself. The programs were of no use to me. Hope i could recreate a week of unsaved work. Thanks anyway.

• Corsair Employees
Have you tried any DOS based recovery applications? If it is not being recognized you may have a damaged partition which can happen with improper unmounting of the drive. I'd suggest searching for a utility that can repair partitions if you can see the drive in DOS. You could try the DOS recovery tools in Partition Magic or simply try to take a look at it with a WIN98 boot disk, using FDisk.

Archived