Corsair Community

Bad Memory Stick ???

v32911

Asus A7N8X Deluxe V2.0 and getting intermitten freezes in XP with occasionally corrupted video in XP and during install screens with ATi Wonder 9800 Pro video card. AthlonXP 3200 retail CPU - I do not overclock anything. I dream for a stable - joyful computer system - a Mac??? Swap out video card (VIDEO CARD runs fine looping 3DMark03 for days on end IN INTEL P3 I815 MAINBOARD SYTEM) with GForce 4 Nvidia card in NForce board (not AGP 8x) and corrupted video goes away. XP freezes and lockup's continue. Most current BIOS 1007, set BIOS defaults, manually set memory at 200Mhz rated memory settings 2 / 3 / 2 / 6 in dual mode. Ran Memtest86 and dual memory mode and got errors. Pulled out one stick memory out and got errors prior to completion of first test. Put in second stick and after a like amount of time with the first stick have no errors in single channel mode. Help suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks, Scott

• Corsair Employees
With one stick performing with no errors and one with, it would suggest a slow module. Lets get that module replaced. Please send us an email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]FORM[/URL] or you can send all of your info(full name, shipping address, phone # with area code, the module part #, quantity to be replaced, and a copy of the link to this post). Email it to [email]rma@corsairmemory.com[/email]. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Thank You!

I believe I may have a bad stick as well. my machine has been quite unstable esp in games. so I got prime 95 to stress test and it had an error in the first minute, so I ran the test with only one stick and again the same result. when I took that stick out and am running test. The other I have come it find it still running about an hour later maybe more. Is there a similar solution to my situation? I can continue the test if nessisary

• Corsair Employees
SyndicatedDeath- I would suggest testing you system with Memtest86 ([url]www.memtest86.com[/url]). If you have one bad module we can replace it. Please send us an email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]FORM[/URL] or you can send all of your info(full name, shipping address, phone # with area code, the module part #, quantity to be replaced, and a copy of the link to this post). Email it to [email]rma@corsairmemory.com[/email]. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Thank You!

Archived