Corsair Community

Ram Defective?

gmcooper

HP Blackbird that is about 16 months old. Has had (4) sticks of Corsair CM2x1024-8500c5d. PC started yesterday with 20 sec beep then off for 10sec then beep back for 20 sec....

Spoke to HP who had me reset cmos then pull memory and insert one stick at a time to see if I could identify problem. Found that (2) sticks seem to work fine if in front two slots or rear two slots. The other (2) sticks appear not to work and if inserted - pc beeps and will not post.

Please advise how to proceed to repair what I currently believe could be defective sticks (x2) of memory.

Thank you.

Hey Gmcooper,

VoodooDan from HP here. I hope you’ve enjoyed your Blackbird so far. First of all, you need to determine if the RAM that you suspect as being bad are the two sticks that you bought and installed yourself, or the ones from HP. If they’re the ones from HP, call (877) 776 4752 or email blackbirdsupport@hp.com. If you email, copy theimaxx@hp.com and we’ll get you sorted out.

If the problem is with the sticks you purchased yourself, you can go to the store and hopefully they’ll exchange them. If not, you can contact Corssair and they’ll exchange them for you, since they have a lifetime warranty.

Good luck, and if you have any other questions give me a shout!

Archived