Corsair Community

My Bios doen't see my Corsir Memory

FranticLuca

Goodmorning to all! I'm italian and my name is Luca.

I'm the owner of one MB Biostar Geforce 6100am2 and all was good when I worked with 2GB of ram installed. Some days ago I decided to upgrade my computer adding 1 more modules CM2X1024-6400, but the computer just recognize the processor and freeze; so I bought one more module thinking tha MB needs pairs of ram, but the computer beeps every 2-3 seconds and nothing else (reading manual they said it means the MB doesn't see any memory). Maybe do I mistake in something? :confused:

I hope someone can help me

Thanks in advance

First of all thank you very much for your answers.

I changed my technical profile adding my computer characteristics.

Here I write all i can read on my CORSAIR Modules:

Module 1 (I'm using it) :

CM2X1024-6400

1.90V Ver7.5

3532645 09020858

5-5-5-18

800MHz

1024 MB

XMS2-6400

Module 2 (I'm using it) :

CM2X1024-6400

1.90V Ver7.3

3470290 08011226

5-5-5-18

800MHz

1024MB

XMS2-6400

Module 3 :

CM2X1024-6400

1.90V Ver7.3

1061772 08121162

5-5-5-12

800MHz

1024MB

XMS2-6400

Module 4 :

CM2X1024-6400

1.90V Ver5.1

3478422 08011253

5-5-5-18

800MHz

1024MB

XMS2-6400

...Tonight I tried to make many things, but all was without success... for example I took away bios lithium battery for some seconds, thaen I replaced it, I installed all four Corsair modules and bios saw and recognized them, but told me to set CPU frequency. I entered bios I tried to make to recognize CPU and again didn't want to accept my new 2 modules of ram... I go to sleep! :mad:

Bye! (and sorry for my poor english...)

mmm... ok... I understand, but why if I install 2 modules with different versions it works and it doesn't work with 3 or 4 modules?

After I removed bios battery for some seconds, it sees all 4GB of memory, but asks me to set cpu frequency because there's a checksum error.

Sure I can work with 2GB of memory, but now I want to know why it doesn't work... :laughing:

It could well also be a motherboard memory controller issue. The board's memory controller might be wonky. If the DRAM tests out singly, then the modules are fine. They might not play well together, but as you have found, it might be a limitation of the memory controller.

I think your only way out of this is to buy two GB modules if you want 4GB. That or an RMA of the board. Very likely if you install 4 X 2GB you will find the issue once again repeats.

hehehe... I can install max only 1GB per slot on this mainboard..:mad:

...btw right now I tried to install 3rd and 4th module and to remove bios' battery and all worked.... seems.... XP boot up normally, but Ubuntu has problems, freeze during booting and if it boots all after it reset.

Now I have a system with 3GB (or 4GB) single channel.

How do You think? If I ask retailer to change the module ver5.1 to one ver7.5 and i install 7.3+7.3 and 7.5+7.5 may it work?

....thank you very much for all your answers!!:biggrin:

• Corsair Employees

Did you try raising your memory controller voltage as Derek suggested? With 4 modules, you will typically need to raise your memory controller voltage to compensate for the increased load.

If your retailer will assist you, I would suggest that you try to get 4 modules of the same revision.

I tried all You said, but nothing. I was really depressed when I saw Ubuntu freezing... so I removed ram and left only 2 modules: all worked very good as before. I think the problem is not ram, but MB and I'm going to buy a new one. Anyway thank you all very much for the friendly help!! :)::)::):

Bye and nice sunday!

• Corsair Employees
Keep in mind that you will still mixing different revisions of memory which is never advised. A new MOBO may or may not resolve the issue. If your retailer will assist you, try to get all 4 modules of matching revisions.

Archived