Corsair Community

Flash Voyager 32GB (Write Speeds)

moshea

HI,

I recently purchased a Flash Voyager 32gb from an online retailer. I noticed that the write speeds were slower than expected (about 5MBps). Upon checking these forums, I ran the SD-Card Tool, and noticed an improvement. HDBENCH reported the following numbers.

Read   Write   RRead  RWrite  
24450  9114    23908  3414  

Despite the improvement, I remained dissapointed at the write speed.

This was because of my expectation of write speeds ~17MBps, given to me by the online retailer. (You can see here, that they are advertisting the product as 17/30 MB sec W/R.).

From reading these forums however, in particular posts here and here, I can see that my reported speeds are actually in line with expectations. (Correct me if I'm wrong here).

So my question, before I contact the online retailer, is simply : Is there a 32Gb Flash Voyager with expected write speeds ~17MBps? (ie have I simply been shipped the wrong part). Or is this a simple case of the product being misrepresented on their website?

Thanks In advance,

Mo.

PS : Ditto for the 64gb version

• Corsair Employees
We do not publish performance spec's for our flash drives and I looked at the link you provided there is no mention of the performance or a performance spec on their add. And what you have reported is about normal for that drive.

... and I looked at the link you provided there is no mention of the performance or a performance spec on their add.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2485/voyagernk8.jpg

It's the underlined portion of their add which I consider misleading. Though if you don't think that to be the case, then ummm .... tbh, I'm guessing maybe you didn't spot it (?)

Anyhoo, thanks for confirming what I thought wrt expected performance. I'll take it up with the retailer I guess.

Cheers,

-Mo

Archived