Corsair Community

P6T6 WS Revolution & TR3X6G2000C7GTF

IronWarrior

Hiya there.

I'm going to get a Asus P6T6 WS Revolution motherboard which can support the following in the quote, but my understanding is that with a i7 CPU, you can use higher clock memory sticks right?

6 x DIMM, Max. 12 GB, DDR3 1600(O.C.)/1333/1066 Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory

Triple channel memory architecture

Support Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)

I plan on using a i7 965XE for my CPU and would like to use the new TR3X6G2000C7GTF sticks. :)

Should work?

Thank you.

• Corsair Employees
We have not validated this memory on the WS version of the P6T. However, the BIOS on the WS does support XMP profiles and, this type of performance is primarily dependent upon the CPU+IMC as opposed to the motherboard. So, assuming the BIOS interprets our XMP profile correctly, this board and your 965 EE CPU should run the 2000C7 perfectly.

We have not validated this memory on the WS version of the P6T. However, the BIOS on the WS does support XMP profiles and, this type of performance is primarily dependent upon the CPU+IMC as opposed to the motherboard. So, assuming the BIOS interprets our XMP profile correctly, this board and your 965 EE CPU should run the 2000C7 perfectly.

Great, that is what I really wanted to know, thank you. :)

I'm planning on getting two 6 GB kits to install full 12 GB's on the board. :)

Do you know or have any plans to ever test the memory on the board and may I ask, what boards did you test the memory on?

• Corsair Employees

I'd have to check with the lab but so far we have tested with the Gigabyte X58 Extreme, P6T Deluxe, and the DFI X58 board. Other than that I am not certain.

At this time I would not expect any testing on the WS version. Typically, with ASUS, if it works well with their non-WS versions, it works as well on the WS version. And, of course this is still primarily dependent upon the CPU+IMC.

Archived