Corsair Community

Which memory have I to buy ? (ask the ram guy isn't successful)

redvivi

Hi !

I have an Asus P5B-VM (Intel G965) with a Core2Duo 6300 running Debian Etch 32bits on a production server. I heard some problems using some large quantities of RAM on this system....and I would like to upgrade my system.

2*512 GB Dual channel are currently installed, I would like to upgrade to 4GB (2*2GB, Dual Channel@ maximum speed). Which Corsair's product have I to buy ?

Regards,

RedVivi

• 2 weeks later...

I encounter a problem with the package TWIN40966400C5DH adviced for my motherboard.

First, the system detected only 2808MB RAM (it should be 4GB), I resetted the CMOS settings and activated the Memory repam option. In the BIOS, I get 4024MB.

But, the system (linux 32 bits, kernel 2.6.18) detects only 2.0GB. Is there a problem with the memories/BIOS ?

Please find the output of the kernel:

Memory: 2046300k/4194304k available (1700k kernel code, 40944k reserved, 625k data, 212k init, 1171008k highmem)

Regards,

Mr Lejeune

• Corsair Employees
First, the system detected only 2808MB RAM (it should be 4GB), I resetted the CMOS settings and activated the Memory repam option. In the BIOS, I get 4024MB.

But, the system (linux 32 bits, kernel 2.6.18) detects only 2.0GB. Is there a problem with the memories/BIOS ?

I believe this is going to be a limitation of your OS as you are seeing the correct amount of memory in the BIOS.

Archived