Corsair Community

Should I be sad I only got 1333?

GradyVogt

Origianly when I built my system last DEC I went with the 920 and Corsair 3x2gb and I am running it at 1333. I am now getting into the OC world and relized quikly that I really cant OC much with 1333 memory unless I under clock it. I WISH I got the 1600 since it is only a few bucks but more. Is it really worth buy new ram only to push my cpu to 180x20 and run ram at 1440 of 1600??

I really only want to buy memory 1 time for this sytem and I am ALSO considering getting a CPU cooler like the Noctua but have read about clearance issues on RAM and dont really want heat sinks on them..

What are your thoughts on this??

I would not make the move from 1333 to 1600 if you already have the 1333. Be clear, the difference between 3.4 and 3.8 is minimal for most uses and often you have to drop the HT and add a good cooler. All in all, it will cost you more than the transition of 1333 to 1600Mhz DRAM if you are using a stock cooler.

I would stay with 3.4Ghz and HT enabled with the 1333Mhz DRAM. It's still blisteringly fast.

If you look at what others have and compare it to what you have, then you will always be left wanting and envious.

Be happy with your new and very fast machine. Intel doesn't even put out a processor as fast as yours is clocked up. :D:

Like, is there anything slow on your system? Tapping your fingers waiting?

LOL

Origianly when I built my system last DEC I went with the 920 and Corsair 3x2gb and I am running it at 1333. I am now getting into the OC world and relized quikly that I really cant OC much with 1333 memory unless I under clock it. I WISH I got the 1600 since it is only a few bucks but more. Is it really worth buy new ram only to push my cpu to 180x20 and run ram at 1440 of 1600??

I really only want to buy memory 1 time for this sytem and I am ALSO considering getting a CPU cooler like the Noctua but have read about clearance issues on RAM and dont really want heat sinks on them..

What are your thoughts on this??

Archived