Corsair Community

TR3X6G1600C8D - EVGA 790i Ultra SLI Problem

Jinz00

pouts:pouts:Well My problem is i recently bought a new motherboard the EVGA 790i Ultra sli, hence i needed to buy DDR3 ram and i bought the TR3X6G1600C8D 6GB Kit 1600MHz DOMINATOR it was really my screw up coz i didn't read the specs this is tri-channel the mobo only supports dual channel but and standard jedec works at 1333 and that's fine... but if i got to bios and load default settings my pc crashes but i fixed this error upping the memory voltage from default bios settings 1.5 to 1.6 as stated the ram module works with XMP 1600 because i don't know what should be the correct voltage for standard JEDEC... so my question is... what should be the correct timings and voltages the ram should be on? and if i were to overclock it what should be the safest highest voltages and timings?? thanks in advanced....

I would take this memory back and purchase a TWIN2X-4096-1600C8 model. That memory is for the new i7 systems, not the Core 2 and the 790i overvolts ram.

pouts:pouts:Well My problem is i recently bought a new motherboard the EVGA 790i Ultra sli, hence i needed to buy DDR3 ram and i bought the TR3X6G1600C8D 6GB Kit 1600MHz DOMINATOR it was really my screw up coz i didn't read the specs this is tri-channel the mobo only supports dual channel but and standard jedec works at 1333 and that's fine... but if i got to bios and load default settings my pc crashes but i fixed this error upping the memory voltage from default bios settings 1.5 to 1.6 as stated the ram module works with XMP 1600 because i don't know what should be the correct voltage for standard JEDEC... so my question is... what should be the correct timings and voltages the ram should be on? and if i were to overclock it what should be the safest highest voltages and timings?? thanks in advanced....

Archived