Corsair Community

XMS 3200 & XMS 3700 in the same board?!?!?!? :-P

Dusted

HI all, Have just bought 2 x 3700PT 466 stix of Corsair from a respected vendor on eBay and put them into my machine and - no go. Put it in the machine, alonsgide my 2 x 256 3200 LLPT Corsair stuff and booted up. The BIOS recognised the 1gig of RAM and then went to then next BIOS screen which does PCI stuff I think - then rebooted itself. And the same thing happened again. ****EDIT**** Ok - I lowered the settings in the BIOS from Auto to 1.33 for the RAM (unsure if this is voltage or FSB??) and it boots but I dont notice any appreciable difference in performance.....none at all in fact. I have been told to flash my bios, so will do that - its a Gigabyte 8IPE1000 mobo. As per other threads on forums the world over there is the question of using varyibg speeds of RAM ie like my 3200 against the 3700 but have been told it is more than possible, the new RAM just runs at the old RAMs speeds. So should be OK There. Also the mobo guide on Corsair's site says that my mobo DOES support 3700 so its not an issue there! Doh!!! So does anyone know for Gigabyte boards how to enure my RAM is stable and above all F A S T ?? Rig is - P4 2.6 OC'd to 2.8 with 800FSB 2x 256 Twinx 3200/DDR400 2x 256 XMS 3700/DDR466 ATi Radeon 9800 Pro Netgear NIC Creative Soundblaster 5.1 EAX thingy GA-8IPE100 Mobo 80Gb Barracuda ATA Smart BLue Antec 350w PSU So any help or suggestions?????????

Thanks RAM GUY - much appreciated. Still getting my head around the intricasies of the latency settings. My rig is up and running now after flashing my BIOS - and the RAM is working in conjunction with each other. Should it be doing that? If it is - is it slowing the system down? Thanks

Archived