Corsair Community

VS1GB800D2 modules

rwp728

I also had these Value Select modules in a system I bought from Velocity Micro in 2007. Now I am getting occasional random BSODs and other strange behavior and would like to know what would be recommended as a more reliable memory set to replace these parts - obviously chosen by Velocity for low cost. I am not interested in overclocking or speed, all I want is memory that doesn't go bad over time. Is it possible to use memory rated for higher speed than the system runs it in the interest of more conservative operation (i.e. underclocking)? If you wanted memory that outlasts the computer, what would you buy?

You are moving too fast to a conclusion that has yet to be determined.

Download Memtest86+ V2.11 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Download CPU-z from

Shut the system down. Insert one stick in slot one (closest to the CPU) and boot to the Memtest CD. Run Memtest for two full passes. Shut the system down. Remove the first stick and insert it in slot three. Repeat Memtest.

Shut the system down. Insert the first stick in slot one so that you now have one stick in the first and third slots and repeat memtest.

If Stable enter Windows and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Archived