Corsair Community

Looking at upgrading my PSU. Question on Warranty

SlayVus

Hey,

I'm looking at upgrading my Antec 850w to a Corsair 1000HX PSU. Now my question is, if I re-sleeve the cables on the PSU will the warranty become void on the WHOLE PSU?

This is actually a Corsair 1000HX re-sleeved with the MurderMod PsychoPack, which is what I want to do.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb94/killer_cheese/IMG_2595.png

Also, does Corsair have any plans on releasing any higher wattage PSUs?

• Corsair Employee
Does Corsair have any plans on releasing any power supplies greater then 1000w any time soon?

Sorry I missed that last question! As far as I know we do not have any plans for a higher wattage unit for our HX1000 in the near future. At this point in time, it would be very difficult to put together a system that our HX1000 could not sufficiently power.

• Corsair Employee
Whats the maximum the 1000HX can supply? I know it's rated at 1000w, but what is the max you can draw from it?

Every PSU will have a different amount of overhead, so there is no way I could guarantee that the PSU would provide more than 1000 watts. Keep in mind that we guarantee the PSU to provide 1000 watts at 50 degrees Celsius, and your system will probably never get that hot. At lower temperatures the unit will supply quite a bit more power than what its rated at, and from my own experience, even at higher temperatures than 50C it will provide more than 1000 watts without problems.

• Corsair Employee
We used to have a diagram on the website, but it has seemed to disappear. I will talk to our PSU guys and see if we can get it posted back on the site! If you do not see a reply here within 24 hours, please bump the thread and I will follow up and see whats going on!

Archived