Corsair Community

Vista 64 tries to format my Flash Voyager every time.

fhein

I formatted my Corsair Flash Voyager GT 16GB with NTFS to be able to use it for large files. But every time I connect it to my PC running Vista 64 Business it tells me "You need to format the disk in drive G: before you can use it", but it still works and it appears under Computer. I have tried allowing Vista to reformat the drive but the same thing happens next time I insert it. It appears ok in device manager, I've checked it for errors and I've double checked that autorun isn't set to anything weird.

I don't get this message on my laptop with Vista 32 Ultimate or my wife's PC with WinXP 32 Pro.

None of our computers have had any problems reading or writing files on the USB stick.

Anyone's had similar problems or have any suggestion how to fix it?

• Corsair Employees

Please try and format the drive with the Format utility from the SD-CARD Organization. Then run the test again and see if that helps.

If you still have problems we can get it or them replaced, please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Hello RG and thanks for your reply.

The format utility would revert my usb memory to FAT file system, which would prevent me from using it to transfer large files.

I don't think my usb stick is any different from the rest, rather that this might be a problem with Windows Vista. I was hoping someone here have had similar experiences and knew how to solve it.

Archived