Corsair Community

The same part numbers- Different Voltages???

Span1shUk

I have 4 Memory Modules CM3X1024-1333C9DHX, on my MDB DX48BT2

I started to have random reboots- So I removed the memory " Elimination process" and I noticed that you guys have the same part number on all 4 Memory modules, but the Voltage is different (1.50V ver1.1 and 1.60 ver. 1.2)

I purchased the memory from the same reseller but on different days.

They come in pairs- A pair of 1.50 and a pair of 1.60

How comes that you guys have different voltages and versions on memory and not different part numbers?

Now two of my memory modules have FAILED

Memory Module 1.50 ver. 1.1 FAULTY will give wrong timings readings (7.7.7.20) on Motherboard.

Also run several memory scans- The timings will be reported wrongly also.

Cross tested on several Motherboards, Power Supply’s and CPU,s the same results.

DX48BT2 BIOS 1893

Foxconn BLACKOPS X48 Socket 775 DDR3BT2

Corsair 850W TX Series PSU & Corsair 650W TX Series PSU

QX6850 & QX9650

1 Module 1.60 v1.2 FAULTY-If inserted on the Motherboard alone, system will beep as no memory detected. (3 Beeps)

Cross tested on several Motherboards, Power Supply’s and CPU,s the same results.

DX48BT2 BIOS 1893

Foxconn BLACKOPS X48 Socket 775 DDR3BT2 BIOS P14

Corsair 850W TX Series PSU & Corsair 650W TX Series PSU

Now the problem is that if I exchange that memory from the reseller I probably will get a Mix of memory versions and voltages, EVEN KNOWING THAT IS THE SAME PART NUMBER.

To be completely honest I don’t want to have different memory versions and voltages on my system and I believe that Corsair should take some responsibility by misleading the customer.

So I would appreciate if I could exchange all my memory modules (4 of them) for the same Part number, Version and Voltages on all 4, together with an explanation.

Many thanks

Regards

J

:mad::mad:

Different voltages because you probably have different versions of that part #. 4 part #s are only guaranteed to work together when bought together, as that means they were tested together. No memory company can guarantee that your motherboard's memory controller will run two different ICs together.

What type of "memory scans" did you do?

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR1066 and set the memory Voltage to 1.7-1.90 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived