Corsair Community

SeanNL

A few weeks ago my system became instable. I run Vista 64 with 8GB of RAM (2 pairs of TWIN2X4096C5D). It worked fine until Vista started to generate video hardware errors - ending with BSOD's.

I had my video card tested: it is OK. So I started to test the memory modules. One pair of modules (4096 MB) works fine - Memtest86+ v2.11 doesn't find any error. No matter what method of testing is used (standard or extended), no matter testing two modules or one module at a time.

The other pair of RAM generates errors in Memtest. Testing the individual modules gives the same result for every module! So both of them seem to be defective. Every run, Memtest reports errors in different tests, mainly when running the extended testset.

How can I have the modules replaced?

BIOS-settings:

DRAM Frequency = DDR2-1066

DRAM Timing Control = Manual

CAS# Latency = 5

RAS# to CAS# Delay = 5

RAS# PRE Time = 5

RAS# ACT Time = 15

DRAM Voltage = 2.1v

CPU Spread Spectrum = Disabled

PCIE Spread Spectrum = Disabled

Everything else Auto (or default value)

Modules:

1 pair of CM2X2048-8500C5D (=TWIN2X4096-8500C5D)

2.1V ver 1.1

Serial number: 08410529

Regards,

Sean.

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived