Corsair Community

TW3X4G1333C9DHX G & Intel DP45SG

Axe2009

Hello,

I recently built 2 new systems with the exact same specs.

Main Specifications:

Intel DP45SG

Q8200

Corsair 4GB Dual Channel TW3X4G1333C9DHX G

Visiontek Radeon 3870-512

Xigmatek 650w PS

WD 500GB SATA (x2 for RAID)

LG DVD/Burner

The memory wants to post at 1066 7-7-7-20-Default (1.55??)

At any rate, I purchased that memory because the Corsair "configurator" said that this model memory was compatible with the Intel DP45SG. I've updated the bios to the latest 0108.

I have tried leaving the stock settings of 1066 7-7-7-20-default (which I believe is 1.55) and I've tried setting it manually at 9-9-9-24-1.60.

Both systems post with either of the above settings in the bios. As I said, I can set it manually, I'm just not sure why it doesn't use what it actually is by default and why I can't install the OS's without going blue screen upon the first reboot?

I can't install either of the following. Vista Ultimate 64 or XP Pro 32.

I have not tested the RAM. I don't think there is a problem with the ram or the motherboard as I am having the same exact problem with the twin.

I have no desire to overclock. I just want a nice stable system for finances. Sudoku and FreeCell and it only seemed fair to get my wife the same setup for surfing. Maybe an occasional Rainbow Six game or two :D But no desire to overclock. :)

Thank you in advance for any help you may be.

My 1600Mhz DDR3 and Core 2 machine is recognized on boot at 1333Mhz as that is the standard for my Core2 1333Mhz processor.

FSB = 333Mhz (333 X 4 QDR = 1333Mhz) and is 1:1 with 1333Mhz DRAM.

Intel works on a 1:1 ratio of FSB and DRAM. When the DRAM is higher value rated, that is greater than the Intel Spec and needs to be manually set. However, oftentimes Intel will boot at the "Safe Mode" of 1066Mhz.

VISTA Pre SP1 needs you to install with a single stick of 2GB or less. When you finally install and update to SP1, then shut down and install the second stick. Use the second and fourth slots as they are tuned for higher performance DRAM. Also, you can raise the NB voltage a notch or two.

As well, when you run with RAID, you need drivers for WinXP and press F6 to install the drivers via the floppy drive. Vista will have the drivers built in but you must follow the pre SP1 install.

For the 8200:

Download Memtest86+ V2.11 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Download CPU-z from
Performance

Host Clock Frequency Override = Manual
x Host Clock Frequency (Mhz) = 333

Memory Configuration

Reference Frequency = 333
Memory Frequency = 1333

tCL = 9
tRCD=  9
tRP = 9
tRAS = 24
tRFC = 80
tRRD = 4
tWR = 10
tWTR = 5
tRTP = 5
Memory Voltage = 1.6v
MCH voltage = 1.30v
Command Rate 2T

Boot to the Memtest CD and allow for two full passes. Then, if stable, install Windows with the above caveats, and run CPU-z. Post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Thank you for your help, it is very much appreciated :)

Regarding the XP install:

I'm not trying to set up either system with the raid yet. Only one WD drive is installed in each setup.

Regarding Vista Ultimate 64 SP1 Install:

I am using SP1. Do I still need to uninstall one stick of memory?

I believe I am using the 2nd and fourth slot. (The blue ones, is that correct?)

Are the codes in the window what I am supposed to use to set the memory manually in the bios?

Is this going to be an ongoing problem with the corsair memory and this mainboard? Should I just return them and get something different. I've never had a problem like this before.

As for the RAM test, It appears to have passed. No errors.

Being I am having the same problem on 2 systems, not to mention the same problem as many others. I was figuring that wasn't the issue. Correct me if I am wrong...

I would use the CPUZ tool, but as I can't load an OS I'm at a bit of a disadvantage. I did use it on my laptop... Seems like a pretty cool little tool. Told me things I didn't want to know, like the mobo manufacturer, lol.

Why does the Corsair "Configurator" recommend this RAM if it isn't compatible?

What else can I try here? I really don't feel like going through RMA's and shipping if I can help it. Not to mention taking both computer apart and packing everything back up. This is getting really frustrating.

Thanks again :)

P.S. I forgot to mention... it passed under both instances. Manual configuration at 1333 and auto configuration at 1066.

One last thing I forgot to mention... I couldn't find these under memory perfromance in the bios... actually I looked all over the bios and couldn't find them. Well, I found MCH volatage under Processor but wasn't sure if that's the one you meant or not. So I didn't change it.

"MCH voltage = 1.30v

Command Rate 2T"

Man! I hope I don't run into problems like this when I start to build up the DX48BT2 with the Q9550. Anything I should look out for on that one?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees

Here are the tested specifications for this memory:

http://www.corsair.com/_datasheets/TW3X4G1333C9DHX.pdf

MCH Voltage is what Derek was referring to. This is the memory controller aka Memory Controller Hub voltage.

And yes, if your Vista install fails with 2 modules, remove the module farthest from the CPU and do the install with a single module. Then try adding the second module.

So then, these (MCH voltage = 1.30v & Command Rate 2T) are under the processor heading in the bios. Not the Memory settings?

Okay, when I do all this, the computer starts up and shuts off per the Intel overclocking check. I'm not overclocking. These are the specs for the RAM. I don't understand why it doesn't see it as such...

Am I going to have this problem with my DX48BT2 as well with the 1600 Corsair?

Additionally, neither Windows wants to install under these circumstances. Even with 1 stick removed.

Thanks for the response. Ramguy.

Anyone know about the other stuff in my earlier post?

I am starting to get really frustrated at this point. I've built multiple systems over the last few years and never had problems like this.

Thanks again.

So then, these (MCH voltage = 1.30v & Command Rate 2T) are under the processor heading in the bios. Not the Memory settings?

Okay, when I do all this, the computer starts up and shuts off per the Intel overclocking check. I'm not overclocking. These are the specs for the RAM. I don't understand why it doesn't see it as such...

I answered this question above. What part of:

My 1600Mhz DDR3 and Core 2 machine is recognized on boot at 1333Mhz as that is the standard for my Core2 1333Mhz processor.

FSB = 333Mhz (333 X 4 QDR = 1333Mhz) and is 1:1 with 1333Mhz DRAM.

Intel works on a 1:1 ratio of FSB and DRAM. When the DRAM is higher value rated, that is greater than the Intel Spec and needs to be manually set. However, oftentimes Intel will boot at the "Safe Mode" of 1066Mhz.

Don't you understand?

Am I going to have this problem with my DX48BT2 as well with the 1600 Corsair?

You certainly could. But this is with any DRAM that is > JEDEC standards. JEDEC standards are entered into SPD and plug & play (when working correctly) will pick up the CPU FSB (Core 2) and set the DRAM to a mode that helps to ensure a boot so that one can enter BIOS and set the values of the > JEDEC DRAM speeds.

Additionally, neither Windows wants to install under these circumstances. Even with 1 stick removed.

You have other issues it would seem. The system should boot up with the safer JEDEC values and you should be able to install Windows even at those settings. If you try this with each stick singly, and the install issue you speak of repeats for both, then I would say you have issues external to the DRAM.

You are under a lifetime warranty for the memory and can RMA the DRAM if you think that both sticks are faulty, but you should memtest as requested. You say thanks for the help, but you did not follow my instructions regarding Memtest.

I advise you to follow those instructions and document the results posting them here.

It's hard to help one who is frustrated and who does not follow instructions. Doubly so when it is known that the person is no neophyte and still does not follow instructions.

Archived