Corsair Community

Limited use of devices after install of TX650W

balance

I recently purchased and installed a TX650W PSU. I connected all power connections, double checked they were properly connected and proceed to turn on my PC. It took a little longer than usual to get past the POST screen, but booted into XP. After a minute I noticed I could move my mouse, but clicking on anything on the desktop was impossible. I shutdown, and checked the connections again. When I powered up the second time I notice that 1) my front case fans (2x Silinex 120mm case fans) were not spinning. These are connected to 2 ATA/Non-SATA power connections only things connected on 1 cable. 2) I noticed that the Seagate hard drive was recognized, but I had a row like this for the DVD burner LLLLLLLL. I disconnected the burner and have not had a problem with freezing/locking up while in Windows. While that is a positive, my DVD drive is unusable as well as the 2 front fans. I do have a rear fan connected in basically the same way as the front fans that is working. I also tried seperating the SATA cables for my hard drive and DVD burner. Any thoughts or ideas?

I reconnected all of the cables with the exception of the front case fans. I placed 1cable/1 SATA connector on both the hard drive and the DVD drive. My system POSTs and load XP without issue. All hardware is recognized and appears powered. I tried to connecting the case fans (one at a time) to another PC to molex connectors (what I referred to earlier as ATA/Non-SATA). Unfortunately, neither case fan spun.

I did receive a call back from Corsair Tech Support after I did these things. I spoke with Jeff, who was very helpful and was able to answer all of my questions. I am going to be setting up a RMA, just to be on the safe side as initially I had an issue. Jeff did recommend using HWMonitor from the CPUID site (the makers of the CPUz software), and I will keep an eye on the voltages over the weekend. I think that pretty much wraps up my post, unless someone wants to share a similar experience or comment. Thanks to Jeff, the forum, and Corsair for the products and services available.

Archived