Corsair Community

ASUS SK8V, amd 64-fx 51, and 2 CMX512-3200LLPTs

ZeroCool

Ok this is my question (forgive me if this has already been answered): Will 2 CMX512-3200LLPTs work with the Asus Sk8V? On the asus site, the specifications for that motherboard are: Memory [quote]3 x 184-pin DIMM Sockets support max. 8GB Registered ECC PC3200 / PC2700 / PC2100 DDR SDRAM memory [/quote] I'm not sure if this mobo would support the CMX-512's, or if i would have to buy all new RAM. Any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='ZeroCool']Ok this is my question (forgive me if this has already been answered): Will 2 CMX512-3200LLPTs work with the Asus Sk8V? On the asus site, the specifications for that motherboard are: Memory I'm not sure if this mobo would support the CMX-512's, or if i would have to buy all new RAM. Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE] Uh, are you sure you copied the correct memory part? That should be 4 x dimm slots. Anyway, no, I'm pretty sure the RAM you listed will not work with the AMD FX-51 (at this generation at least). What you want is a set of RAM with the letters R(egistered) and E(CC) in them, making RE. For example, CMX512RE-3200LL. J1NG

Archived