Corsair Community

Need HELP!! Asus RamPage 2. only showing 4GB RAM with 6GB KIT!

AlphaTech

Hello

I don't understand what is going on!!! I Asus RP2 board with Corsair 6GB 1600 Kit 9.9.9.24t

I like to know if anyone else is having this problem,:evil: I am running Intel I7 920.

The BIOS is 1001, and is only showing up as 4GB Windows Vista-64 showing up at 4GB.

Now the funny thing is that when I first installed Vista is was showing all 6 GB of ram but after installing Intel Chipset drivers it starting showing only 4gb.

Please Help!

Yes, I have been building systems for 9 years.. ;):

I will have to show you guys photos of my new highend build.

;):

Have you inserted the DRAM in the Blue Slots as advised by the mainboard manual?

You're not the only one that has this motherboard issue.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20090124130006643&board_id=1&model=Rampage+II+Extreme&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

• Corsair Employee
Yes, I have been building systems for 9 years.. ;):

I will have to show you guys photos of my new highend build.

;):

We enjoy our members showing off their builds and especially when Corsair components are inside.

As for the slot colors, we are seeing lots of users daily that are attempting to use the wrong slots :(:

Been there done that:(:

The board is bad, just going to take back to the store and get another one.

I been trying to get this board to work for 3 days now:o:

I will post an update tomorrow night, after I get the new board in.

Reseat the memory, update the BIOS?

Picked up another Asus RP2!

This time everything is working so as should:D:

BIOS and Windows is showing all 6GB ram!!:D:

I new something was very wrong with that other board I had, also I think that First Board I got from Microcenter was open box and someone had used that board before and the store put it back in stock as new:evil::evil:

I picked up another one from a local PC store, this one had never been touch or open and also looked cleaner and was packed diffrent with everthing in bags and even the box color was deep Red.

But it power right on and booted up fine, I also see that I am running BIOS 0405 haha and it 's working fine..

I will update the BIOS and see how it does.

Will post photos tomorrow of my system.

Archived