Corsair Community

Corsair OEM PN information

Raventhornn

Hi, I need a little help confirming memory settings for my RAM; however it's OEM, so I haven't figured out the correct PDF/datasheet that would match it.

What would be the corresponding non-OEM be for for.

Corsair CM3X2G1600C8D4

XMS3-1600 2048MB 1600MHz 8-8-8-24 1.80V ver4.1 08460312

[And while yes I understand most of the listed information would cover what is in the datasheet (spd/volt) I would prefer to double check and see what others have set for their voltage/spd settings, hence wanting to identify if it's the same as my RAM]

I'm trying to get my system to function stably with all my RAM, however I have heard that you really need to manually set most of the voltage/timings with this motherboard if you want to get 4 DIMM populated (Currently mostly stable with 2 DIMM; i.e. no lock up, but have run thru the full gambit of stability test)

Thanks for any assistance.

Raventhornn

Corsair OEM's for products such as power supplies, flash card readers, DRAM fans, etc. but I don't think they OEM their DRAM.

Corsair CM3X2G1600C8D4 is a single module of 2G 1600Mhz CAS 8

XMS3-1600 2048MB 1600MHz 8-8-8-24 1.80V ver4.1 0846031 is a 2GB kit (2 X 1024) of 1600Mhz CAS 8

XM is a kit and CM is a single module.

The only memory Corsair supports in a four DRAM slot population is their Quad kits. This does not mean two dual kits or even worse two dual kits of different versions will not work together, just that you have no recourse to RMA Corsair if they do not work together. If there are problems with the DRAM modules, they are still supported via lifetime warranty, but that is for physical defects and errors in a two stick kit mode. Matched Quad sets are highly binned modules for a four slot population. The Dual sets are tested as a kit, not a Quad and warranted as a dual kit, not a Quad setup. You need to Memtest them as Kits (2 modules, not as a four DRAM slot population). If they fail as a kit or singly, then you have RMA. Keep in mind that there is no support for mixing and matching different versions of DRAM either since different version are of different fabrications and/or manufacturers. They might work, they might not work, but you have no support if they do not work. Thus you are advised to buy all the DRAM at the same time and in this way be more assured of getting the same versions. If you buy online, be sure to specify same versions of the modules and do not expect even then that they will work and again, no support unless you purchase a quad kit.

For a four DRAM slot population of 1600Mhz DRAM you are advised to drop the bandwidth to 1333Mhz and raise the NB Voltage a couple of notches above default for your motherboard's chipset.

Please research this thread:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/v3/showthread.php?t=64360&highlight=Unpredictable+results+QUAD2X4096+Gigabyte+X38-DS5

There is a limitation of the On Motherboard (Intel) memory controller or On CPU (AMD) and a population of all four banks at the full speed of a two bank run. This limitation is across the board with both AMD and Intel chipset based boards, DDR, DDR2 and DDR3 although the newest boards have shown better ability to run with an overclock and higher bandwidth on a four DRAM slot population and the new X58 (i7) seems to be able to run four slots at full DRAM speed even without an overclock.

• Corsair Employees
Based on what you have posted, you most likely have the TW3X4G1600C8D part. However, I am not clear on why you don't have properly labled memory. Can you post a picture of the modules and make sure you show the stickers?

Thanks for the feedback [both of you, so far]

I will attempt to get a picture of the DIMM label, however the information I typed up is exactly what is on the label [save a bar code] for all 4 sticks that was shipped with my system. My systeminfo from the nVidia tools also shows the CM3X2G1600C8D4 [here is the ugly version]

Manufacturer's JEDEC ID code: 0000009e 00000002

Module manufacturing location: 1 (manufacture dependant)

Module part number: CM3X2G1600C8D4

Module revision code: 0 (manufacture dependant)

Module manufacturing date: Not reported

Module serial number: 00000000

We'll see what I can do about that picture...

DerekT, what I have is 4 DIMM of 2GB [order this rig with 8GB, and looking thru the SN and what I have read is I likely recieved two 4GB kits from the same batch S/N info ending 3 digits differences DIMM#1 - 327, DIMM#2 - 331, DIMM#3 - 351, DIMM#4 - 355 (logical ordering, does not accurately reflect installation within MB]

I'll also dig a bit more with the link/thread given, and I also understand that unless I can confirm this was a 4 DIMM kit (which seems VERY UNLIKELY, since I haven't seen any 8GB kits), I am going for a mostly unsupported configuration from a manufacture perspective.

Thanks

R_

• Corsair Employees

Where did you purchase the modules and what was the part number they invoiced you for?

This is a part sold directly to Dell, Falcon, Alienware, et al and is not sold directly to the end user. Is your system an SI system or did you build it yourself?

Keep in mind also that you are going to have to tune your system for stability as 4 x 1600 is not a tested setup for a 790i system. I would suggest you get the system stable with the rated timings and voltage of 8-8-8-24 1.80V at 1066 or 1333 and then try to work up slowly from there to see if you can get it stable at higher than 1333.

Running 4 up places a very heavy load on the memory controller so you may not get 1600 out of them due to the limitations of the memory controller. You will likely need to adjust the memory controller voltage.

I don't have direct access to the part-number I was invoiced for [PC was a gift from my wife]; as for where, it is one of the last HP/Voodoo DNA Blackbird 002 sold [they EOL them in Dec.] so it was 'factory assembled' & I'm just trying to get it up with the parts they had in it; however since they EOL this model, let just say I am not 100% positive on the level of the quality check out the door.

As for the tuning, I understand that, and to be honest I am 100% OK with 1333 as a top.

What I have been trying to confirm is a solid place to go with regards to timing and voltages.

Since they [DIMMS] auto at 9-9-9-24 would that be a better timing to shoot for, and if I stick with that timing [9-9-9-24], should I still be ok with a 1.80V as a top voltage? [Right now these things (2 DIMM installed) are pulling 1.50V, and it seems stable, it shipped with all 4 and that was giving me hard locks... not pretty]

My orginal question still kind of stands, in reviewing the various forums [chip/motherboard/etc] will I be ok to base some voltage settings for what people identify as TW3X4G1600C8D RAM [Just looking for a match, since I'll want to review what people are setting the memory controller & the like].

R_

My orginal question still kind of stands, in reviewing the various forums [chip/motherboard/etc] will I be ok to base some voltage settings for what people identify as TW3X4G1600C8D RAM [Just looking for a match, since I'll want to review what people are setting the memory

Yes, you can use up to and including 2.0v for Corsair's high end DDR2 DRAM. However, I personally have not see the use for more than 1.8v - 1.85v in all the systems I have used 1600C8 modules.

8-8-8-24 with 1T @ 1600Mhz with 1.80v is what I would look for. If you are overclocking, that's what I would start with. Keep in mind that this DRAM (as you very likely know) is warranted via OEM (thanks for the heads up btw) and as such, I would not be attempting high overclocks and voltages with it.

If you are looking to run with two more modules, then version number is important. Your modules are version 4.1 and are of Samsung fabrication. I would look to find modules of the same version to stand the best chance of them playing nice with each other.

Set to 1333Mhz with 1.8v and 8-8-8-24 2T for four up. Increase your MCP/SPP a couple of notches from default also.

Archived