Corsair Community

Is my psu the cause

leeh14

hi,

Bought a TX650w PSU for my new build, and thought that the PSU would be great, as i've heared good things about corsair. however shortly after completing my build (1 day) my PC wouldn't turn on. Got my psu checkd and the simple volt reader said it was ok! then i saw a burn mark underneath the 24 pin connector, i thought it was a mobo issue, RMAd the broad and the company will not except it as they say its a PSU issue. so back to sqaure one! what i want to know is , how can i check the PSU so that it won't break anouther broad and if need be how can i return it.

regards

• Corsair Employees

The only other way to test it would be to measure the output on the rails and make sure that it is within spec, you would need a digital multimeter to do this. If thats not an option, we can replace the unit for you to hopefully rule out a bad PSU altogether.

To have the unit replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived